5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2013 6:32 AM by 974639 RSS

I got requirement to Replace Descriptive Flex Field from Free text field

Hi I got a requirement to Replace Descriptive Flex Field to Free text field , but in back end and all the segment should go to respective segment .

Currently HR DFF "HrEitDescFlex" contains 4 segment in Extra Assignment Information

segment1 holds 2 character value e.g 01
      Segment2 holds 2 character value e.g 22
      Segment3 holds 4 character value e.g 1212
      Segment4 holds 4 character value e.g 333A

first I have to hide extra information Region

and replace with free text value , which should contain 01221212333A

and when user change the existing value e.g from 01221212333A to 01221212XXX1
      then it should reflect on review page.
      Since there is change in Value Submit button will appear and workflow will fire for approval
      if notification gets approved by manager then change should reflect in EIT table.

Please let me know how to achieve this?

--regards                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
        • 1. Re: I got requirement to Replace Descriptive Flex Field from Free text field
          please give me some tips to achieve this
          • 2. Re: I got requirement to Replace Descriptive Flex Field from Free text field
            HeretoHelp:Prem
            Hi ,

Please elaborate the requirement little more.

Is there any restriction on the number of character in the Newly "Free Text Field".
            I mean .. User can enter/update the field with less characters or it should be 12 character as you have written.

I think you will have to define a FIRE ACTION property and handle the same in controller.

Regards ,
            Prem.
            • 3. Re: I got requirement to Replace Descriptive Flex Field from Free text field
              Thanks Prem for Update on this.

Yes, there is restriction on newly created text feild it could be up to 12 characters.

We need to customize Seeded page

page path /oracle/apps/per/selfservice/extrainfotype/webui/EitPG
              Currently this page contains two extra information a) Bank Details and b) Assignment Cost Values

What I am trying to do to achieve this

1) First I want to get the value for Cost Value if there is any existing flex feilds, Currently I am trying to read the value of DFF in attached controller
              2) If user update the value in free text then I will try to compare with existing and new cost value.
              3) on click to next button , a new review page opens and where we have to show old and new value.
              4) if there is change in existing and new value then on click on Submit button a seeded work flow fire and it goes to manager for Approval.
              5) this notification embeds the OAF page regions with recent transaction in read only format.
              6) If managers approves this the old value gets replace with new value.

Plese suggest.

-Thanks
              • 4. Re: I got requirement to Replace Descriptive Flex Field from Free text field
                HeretoHelp:Prem
                Hi,

According to your last post , It seems user can enter either 12 character or Less.

Its not so difficult to get the value from the Free text field in local variable and split them as per their Character's position.

===
                What I am trying to do to achieve this

*1) First I want to get the value for Cost Value if there is any existing flex feilds, Currently I am trying to read the value of DFF in attached controller*
                -- If you want to replace the DFF field from Page seeded page with a free text,
                1. First you need to make this region(DFF) renderd false .
                2. Create your own custom region having free text field.
                3. Thorugh Personilization create a new region and give the EXTENDS property to your newly created region.

To get the user entered text from the page,u can get the value from PAGEContext(You can split the value also using thier position to point thier specific segment. ) .

*2) If user update the value in free text then I will try to compare with existing and new cost value.*

1. Once you get the changed value , try to compare it with the previous value (with your VO current row value and value taken by pageContext)

*3) on click to next button , a new review page opens and where we have to show old and new value.*
                1. handle the NEXT button in processFormRequest() method of contrller and navigate to the next page with the Pagecontext value of the item.
                2. On the next page , execute VO and get the old value , together print the new value from last page .

*4) if there is change in existing and new value then on click on Submit button a seeded work flow fire and it goes to manager for Approval.*
                **** Here you need to think , how you want to proceed...
                1. Iniate the workflow from SUBMIT button handle in Page controller.
                2. Either you can have a stagin table wher you will store the value(NEW) and wait for the workflow response to be approved .

*5) this notification embeds the OAF page regions with recent transaction in read only format.*
                1. Here I am not getting the context , What exactly your requirement is?

*6) If managers approves this the old value gets replace with new value.*
                1. Later update the Base table with the new value once it will approved by the manager.
                2. And delete the same from the staging table.

===

Hope this solution helps you ....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,
                Prem
                • 5. Re: I got requirement to Replace Descriptive Flex Field from Free text field
                  Hi Prem,

Thanks for your reply.

I am agree with approach , but there is bit complexity in seeded page.

there is two Flex field attached with Extra Information region 1) Bank Detail and 2) Assignment Cost
                  I need to hide Assignment cost DFF, when I try to make render false to Extra Information region, both get hide.
                  I download the page definition and open in JDEV and found both the flex fields are cater by only on Flex field ( HrEitDescFlex )

I know that both the DFF are custom DFF and attached with seeded page.
                  Can u give me some clue from where these linked?

Issue # 2
                  ------------

I used the following code to get the DFF bean in extended controller but this bean is not populated.

OADescriptiveFlexBean dff =(OADescriptiveFlexBean)oawebbean.findChildRecursive("HrEitDescFlex");
                  if (oaDFF != null) {
                  oapagecontext.writeDiagnostics(this, "XXECCEitPGCO : Found HrEitDescFlex"+dff, 4);

}
                  else {
                  oapagecontext.writeDiagnostics(this, "XXECCEitPGCO : NOT Found HrEitDescFlex", 4);
                  }

it is going with else condition.

please help on these also ....

--Thanks