This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2013 11:04 PM by 978946 RSS

Hide / Show Column in Download to CSV

978946 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
In interactive report how to include hidden column of report in download file(CSV).

For example if I have "Note" field,which is hidden in IR,but what if i need this field in downloaded .CSV file.

Thanks
  • 1. Re: Hide / Show Column in Download to CSV
    VC Guru
    Shital,

Please search the forum before posting new question and also make sure add enough information when posting.
    Shital Patel wrote:
    In interactive report how to include hidden column of report in download file(CSV).

For example if I have "Note" field,which is hidden in IR,but what if i need this field in downloaded .CSV file.
    Edit the note field and change the display text as to Display As Text (Escape special Characters) and under conditional Display set the condition to Request = Expression 1 and in Expression 1 enter CSV

Cheers,
    Vikram
  • 2. Re: Hide / Show Column in Download to CSV
    978946 Newbie
    Hi VC,

I already have gone through all OTN forums as well your solution.It's not working in case of Interactive report on Application Express 4.0.2.00.07.... :( :(

Thanks
  • 3. Re: Hide / Show Column in Download to CSV
    VC Guru
    Shital Patel wrote:
    Hi VC,

I already have gone through all OTN forums as well your solution.It's not working in case of Interactive report on Application Express 4.0.2.00.07.... :( :(
    Thanks for mentioning the version.
    >
    OK, what do you mean by it's not working? can you please explain in bit more detail

Vikram
  • 4. Re: Hide / Show Column in Download to CSV
    978946 Newbie
    VC

I have followed all steps as you mentioned ,but its still not working.Can't find the field in downloaded CSV file :(
    1.Have edited filed as  Display As Text (Escape special Characters) .

2.where in conditional Type Request = Expression 1 and  Expression 1 CSV (without  quotes)

Thanks,
    Shital

Edited by: Shital Patel on Jan 24, 2013 4:16 AM
  • 5. Re: Hide / Show Column in Download to CSV
    VC Guru
    When you try to download the csv can you capture the url of the download link and post here

you can do that by pointing your mouse cursor on download link and right click and copy shortcut/copy link address
  • 6. Re: Hide / Show Column in Download to CSV
    978946 Newbie
    Vikram,

Can't share link here.have tried on apex.oracle.there it's working fine.How come it's not working on my application?:(

Thanks
    Shital
  • 7. Re: Hide / Show Column in Download to CSV
    978946 Newbie
    Hey have just noticed one thing while downloading the csv file name is like nbsp;

I have specified Download->filename then filename is like filename.csv.

Is this the problem not checking the condition?

Thanks,
    Shital

Edited by: Shital Patel on Jan 24, 2013 6:10 AM

Edited by: Shital Patel on Jan 24, 2013 6:25 AM
  • 8. Re: Hide / Show Column in Download to CSV
    VC Guru
    Shital Patel wrote:
    Vikram,

Can't share link here.have tried on apex.oracle.there it's working fine.How come it's not working on my application?:(
    I don't need the whole URL, just wanted to know what's there in the place of REQUEST
    See http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17556_01/doc/user.40/e15517/concept.htm#HTMDB03017
    f?p=110:4:1927438212600:CSV:::
    //this is sample csv download url, what's there in your URL in place of CSV
  • 9. Re: Hide / Show Column in Download to CSV
    978946 Newbie
    It's somewhat like this:

f?p=112:49:4077253951462678:CSV:
  • 10. Re: Hide / Show Column in Download to CSV
    VC Guru
    OK, I suspect the column is not set to display in the report.

can you try these things?

1. Edit the column note and remove the conditional display and set it to display always.

2. Run the page and go to IR Actions menu > Select Columns > include the Notes column to show in the IR report and Apply +(also save this as default report, only available for developers)+

3. For testing download the CSV and make sure the column is appearing in .csv

4. If it appears > then go back to report attributes > edit note column > and put the above condition back
    i.e. under conditional Display set the condition to Request = Expression 1 and in Expression 1 enter CSV

5. Try csv download now and let me know
  • 11. Re: Hide / Show Column in Download to CSV
    978946 Newbie
    I don't have option to make column display only in edit column.
  • 12. Re: Hide / Show Column in Download to CSV
    VC Guru
    Shital Patel wrote:
    I don't have option to make column display only in edit column.
    I didn't said to make it display only ...I have asked to remove the conditional display i.e. set the condition display to none from Request = Expression 1
  • 13. Re: Hide / Show Column in Download to CSV
    978946 Newbie
    I have followed all the steps from 1 to 4(field were showing in both reports as well csv) all were working fine,but while performing 5th one field again not showing in csv download.

thanks..
  • 14. Re: Hide / Show Column in Download to CSV
    VC Guru
    ok copied remove that now
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points