This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2013 2:44 PM by 624963 RSS

PRC: Tieback Invoices from Receivables in R12

danny.dixon Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
We have been using PRC: Tieback Invoices from Receivables in 11i and now we have upgraded to R12. When we run this reqest, now we get the wrong value in expenditure_organization_id on the AP inovoice. This causes our Project Supplier Invoice Account Generator to fail because we derive an account segment from the expenditure_organization_id.

How does this program determine the value for the expenditure_organization_id when creating the AP invoice? It is not taking the value from the "Organization" field in the AR invoice.
  • 1. Re: PRC: Tieback Invoices from Receivables in R12
    624963 Newbie
    I am assuming that you are talking of Inter Company transaction, where AP invoices are automatically created for Receiver OU, on tieback of AR invoice in Provider OU.

Expenditure Owning Organisation of AP Invoice in Receiver OU is same as that of Expenditure Item created in Provider OU which resulted in IC processing.

Thanks
    Puneet
  • 2. Re: PRC: Tieback Invoices from Receivables in R12
    danny.dixon Newbie
    I am speaking of the PA Internal invoices and the tieback from receivables.

In our 11i instance, we have:
    The expenditure items have one of the 2 Expenditure Organizations : BE-8253 Statistics or BE-8254 Medical Writing.

The original transaction (invoice number 1) for Project Number BE-80-1111015-8253a-H in Projects has 2 lines.

The first line details
    5 line details with the organization = BE-8253 Statistics
    2 line details with the organization = BE-8254 Medical Writing

The second line has details:
    13 line details with the organization = BE-8253 Statistics
    1 line detail with the organization = BE-8254 Medical Writing

The receiver project is setup as BE-80-1111015-8000-CUST-H with receiver task as 8253.

After transfer to AR, the invoice 8900009054 is created with lin transaction flexfield including:
    line 1 Provider Project Number BE-80-1111015-8253a-H
    Draft Invoice Number: 1
    Receiving OU: LE F030801
    Cross Charged Project Number: BE-80-1111015-8000-CUST-H
    Line Number: 1
    Type: Line

line 2 is the same, ecxept line number is 2, of course

After the tieback process, I check the AP Open Invoice Interface. I find invoice number 8900009054 with 2 lines:
    Both lines have organization ID = 14684, which corresponds to BE-8000 Life Sciences

In our R12 instance, we have exactly the same in Projects and AR, but a different expenditure org in the AP invoice:
    The expenditure items have one of the 2 Expenditure Organizations : BE-8253 Statistics or BE-8254 Medical Writing

The original transaction (invoice number 1) for Project Number BE-80-1111015-8253a-H in Projects has 2 lines.

The first line details
    13 line details with the organization = BE-8253 Statistics
    1 line details with the organization = BE-8254 Medical Writing

The second line has details:
    5 line details with the organization = BE-8253 Statistics
    2 line detail with the organization = BE-8254 Medical Writing

The receiver project is setup exactly the same as in 11i as BE-80-1111015-8000-CUST-H with receiver task as 8253.

After transfer to AR, the invoice 8900009264 is created with line transaction flexfield exactly the same as in 11i, including:
    line 1 Provider Project Number BE-80-1111015-8253a-H
    Draft Invoice Number: 1
    Receiving OU: LE F030801
    Cross Charged Project Number: BE-80-1111015-8000-CUST-H
    Line Number: 1
    Type: Line

line 2 is the same, ecxept line number is 2, of course

After the tieback process, I check the AP Open Invoice Interface. I find invoice number 8900009264 with 2 lines:
    Both lines have expenditure organization ID = 404, which corresponds to BE Business Group

The only difference in the data is the expenditure organization that is populated by the tieback process.
  • 3. Re: PRC: Tieback Invoices from Receivables in R12
    624963 Newbie
    This seems to be setup issue. Is your Provider / Receiver control same in 11i and R12?
    Expenditure Organization, Exp Type etc are picked up from the Receiver Control as clearly stated in UG.

The interface process populates the following project-related attributes for inter-project
    Payables invoice distributions as indicated below:
    • Project Number. The number of the receiver project is derived from the receiver
    task number linked to the provider project customer.
    • Task Number. The number of the receiver task linked to the internal project
    customer.
    • Expenditure Item Date. The invoice date of the inter-project Receivables invoice.
    • Expenditure Type. The expenditure type specified by the receiver operating unit in
    the Internal Receiver Controls tab.
    • Expenditure Organization. The expenditure organization specified by the receiver
    operating unit in the Internal Receiver Controls tab.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points