4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2013 1:46 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Cannot get JDeveloper work on R12.1.3, please help

billzheng2004
      Thanks in advance for your help. The patch I got (p9879989) matches EBS version. I just installed it and I am testing the tutorial project. When I run the hello world page, I will get this Security Warning:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      The current webpage is trying to open a site in your Trusted sites list. Do you want to allow this:
      Current site: My local machine that Jdeveloper is running
      Trusted site: EBS 12 server
      +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Then it will go to my EBS 12 server login page and there is an error message:

Error
      Unexpected URL parameters have been detected and will be ignored.

Any idea how to fix it? Thank you.
        • 1. Re: Cannot get JDeveloper work on R12.1.3, please help
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          billzheng2004 wrote:
          Thanks in advance for your help. The patch I got (p9879989) matches EBS version. I just installed it and I am testing the tutorial project. When I run the hello world page, I will get this Security Warning:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
          The current webpage is trying to open a site in your Trusted sites list. Do you want to allow this:
          Current site: My local machine that Jdeveloper is running
          Trusted site: EBS 12 server

Then it will go to my EBS 12 server login page and there is an error message:

Error

Any idea how to fix it? Thank you.
          Please try the steps in (Punchout Using Internet Explorer 8.0 Erroring With XSS Switching Security Error [ID 1086507.1]) and check then.

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: Cannot get JDeveloper work on R12.1.3, please help
            billzheng2004
            It doesn't ask me if I want to go to the trusted site any more, but main issue is still exist. I still get the error and it still keep bringing me to EBS server page instead of running the page on my JDeveloper machine. The error message is:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
            Error

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
            • 3. Re: Cannot get JDeveloper work on R12.1.3, please help
              billzheng2004
              Actually I have it fixed. The error is gone. Here is how I did it:

In JDeveloper, goto Tools->Embedded OC4J Server Preference..
              Goto Global->Startup, in the section of Host Name or IP Address Used to Refer to Embedded OC4J:
              I changed from Local Host's Full Name ( which is computer_name.domain) to Default Local IP Address. and it worked.

I guess for some reason using Host's Full Name confused IE. I tried all other options and neither worked, only IP Address works for me.

Edited by: billzheng2004 on Jan 24, 2013 11:44 AM
              • 4. Re: Cannot get JDeveloper work on R12.1.3, please help
                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                billzheng2004 wrote:
                Actually I have it fixed. The error is gone. Here is how I did it:

In JDeveloper, goto Tools->Embedded OC4J Server Preference..
                Goto Global->Startup, in the section of Host Name or IP Address Used to Refer to Embedded OC4J:
                I changed from Local Host's Full Name ( which is computer_name.domain) to Default Local IP Address. and it worked.

I guess for some reason using Host's Full Name confused IE. I tried all other options and neither worked, only IP Address works for me.

Edited by: billzheng2004 on Jan 24, 2013 11:44 AM
                Thanks! -- This is mentioned in (Configuring JDeveloper For Use With Oracle Applications 11i and R12 [ID 330236.1]).

Thanks,
                Hussein