1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2013 2:05 PM by Bernardo Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Backup plan for apex
        fac586
        Bernardo wrote:
        I would like to know if someone of you guys can give me some advices or recommend me some backup plan for my workspace.

The biggest table have more than 80.000 records and we have daily records and our team need to backup our information. So I need an advice for doing that and how... I tried to export the table that have 80.000 records and I got a time out error. Then I downloaded the infomation to xml but I could not upload it... so please, could you recommend me some simple way for doing it
        Bernardo wrote:From apex.oracle.com
        Haven't we been here before?

{thread:id=2429002}
        • 16. Re: Backup plan for apex
          Joel_C
          fac586 wrote:
          Bernardo wrote:
          I would like to know if someone of you guys can give me some advices or recommend me some backup plan for my workspace.

The biggest table have more than 80.000 records and we have daily records and our team need to backup our information. So I need an advice for doing that and how... I tried to export the table that have 80.000 records and I got a time out error. Then I downloaded the infomation to xml but I could not upload it... so please, could you recommend me some simple way for doing it
          Bernardo wrote:From apex.oracle.com
          Haven't we been here before?

{thread:id=2429002}
          Indeed... the OP is either a master wind-up merchant or is [url:http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=10540544]beyond help... (I suspect the latter but can't rule out the former).
          • 17. Re: Backup plan for apex
            Bernardo
            matthew...

I have this error: PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'ADD_ATTACHMENT

Here is the piece of the code involved:
            APEX_MAIL.ADD_ATTACHMENT(
                        p_mail_id    => v_email_id,
                        p_attachment => v_csvdata,
                        p_filename   => 'Data_Backup_' || TO_CHAR(SYSDATE, 'MON_DD') || '.csv',
                        p_mime_type  => 'text/csv');
            • 18. Re: Backup plan for apex
              Vivek Ananda
              Bernardo,
              P_attachment is blob type. You willhave to convert the clob to a blob.

http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_convert_to_blob_datatype.htm

Vivek

Edited by: Vivek Ananda on Jan 16, 2013 9:36 PM
              • 19. Re: Backup plan for apex
                Bernardo
                I defined the data type as blob to avoid convert it but it's still showing me the same error
                v_csvdata    blob;
                    v_email_id   NUMBER;
                • 20. Re: Backup plan for apex
                  Bernardo
                  I can't find the error and I defined the variable as blob
                  • 21. Re: Backup plan for apex
                    Bernardo
                    Hi, I found the solution to this error. Now it showing me another error: ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error

I'm finding out wha it is.... if you have any idea about that... thanks

regards, Bernardo.
                    1 2 Previous Next