I am very new to APEX (< 2 months) and don't have much of a programming background. I have created a report layout using BI publisher and made it available as a shared component in my APEX applicaiton. When I print the the report region, most of the data displays fine on the print out, but any amounts with negative values are suppressed. I can view the negative amounts just fine when they are displayed on the report region itself.
It took me quite a while to get the style sheets from BI Publisher to work with APEX. I thought the two were supposed to be compatible. Does anyone know how to resolve the issue above or if their are any known compatability issues between BI Publisher and APEX? We are on APEX version 4.2.1.00.08 and BI Publisher version 11.1.1.
Thanks for your reply. I tried modifying the format mask, but no luck. I seem to be having a different issue. Where the other posts are having the problem where the number prints, but just not with the negative sign, I am getting something different. I don't get a numerical value at all. I just get a blank space where a negative number should be. I have tried modifying the format mask on the style sheet a couple different ways without luck.
Thanks again for your response. I tried what you suggested and still no luck. I have opened an SR with Oracle. I'm starting to think this is a bug. Using the same set of xml data and stylesheet I can get the report work directly in BI Publisher. It just doesn't seem to render the report correctly when running in APEX. I will post the result once Oracle comes to a resolution.
This was indeed a bug. Response from Oracle:
This issue has been noted by development as a bug and I have file bug 16224878 regarding your issue. The issue explained by development pertains numeric format string which wraps the negative value in angle brackets: < val > , and the report is treating this as a HTML tag and filters it out. It looks like this is happening only for classic report regions, i.e. report queries seems to support this type of numeric format mask.
A work around would be to turn off printing for the classic report region and to provide a button to a report query for printing, using the same SQL for the report query as is used for the report region. Alternatively you could also use a different format mask.