This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2013 3:43 AM by newbi_egy RSS

popup menus

newbi_egy Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
db and dev 10g rel2 ,
hi all,
i've created a popup menu with a copy and paste magic items , and set it to be displayed on the canvas and two text items .
but it does not copy or paste anything , i can not copy the text i write in the text item and paste it into the other item?

thanks
  • 1. Re: popup menus
    HamidHelal Guru
    semsem wrote:
    db and dev 10g rel2 ,
    hi all,
    i've created a popup menu with a copy and paste magic items , and set it to be displayed on the canvas and two text items .
    but it does not copy or paste anything , i can not copy the text i write in the text item and paste it into the other item?
    Hi semsem,

assuming you assign the menu to canvas properly and you have text_item1 and text_item2. Now what you have to do ?

select the text of text_item1 then right click out side the item (any where in canvas) and you will see the popup menu then click on copy and then click on text_item2 then again right click out side the item (any where in canvas) and click Paste..

You have done ;)

Better to assign the menu each text item then copy and paste will be more easier.

Hamid

Mark correct/helpful to help others to get right answer(s).*
  • 2. Re: popup menus
    Amatu Allah Guru
    hi
    i think this Will be quite good for u to try
    https://sites.google.com/site/craigsoraclestuff/oracle-forms---how-to-s/how-to---create-a-context-popup-menu
    best regards

AMatu Allah
  • 3. Re: popup menus
    newbi_egy Explorer
    i am sorry , i did not set "menu item type" property to "magic" , i left it "plain" , so it did not work properly . i just choosed "copy" from the "magic item" property . that is why it did not work .

it's my fault , sorry for that
    thanks a lot

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points