This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2013 4:45 AM by Fabrizio Delli Priscoli RSS

new to forms 11g

Fabrizio Delli Priscoli Journeyer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all. I came from developer suite 10g and yesterday oracle section installed developer suite 11g.

Here are details of my oracle forms 11g:

Forms [32 bit] Version 11.1.2.1.0 (Production)
Oracle Toolkit Version 11.1.2.1.0 (Production)
PL/SQL Version 11.1.0.7.0 (Production)
Oracle Procedure Builder V11.1.2.1.0 - Production
PL/SQL Editor (c) WinMain Software (www.winmain.com), v1.0 (Production)
Oracle Query Builder 11.1.2.1.0 - Production
Oracle Virtual Graphics System Version 11.1.2.1.0 (Production)
Oracle Tools GUI Utilities Version 11.1.2.1.0 (Production)
Oracle Multimedia Version 11.1.2.1.0 (Production)
Oracle Tools Integration Version 11.1.2.1.0 (Production)
Versione di Oracle Tools Common Area 11.1.2.1.0
Oracle CORE     11.1.0.7.0     Production

I have a problem in order to configure oracle forms.
I don't find in the menu start, link to activate http listener. I tried to find startinst.bat file but I didn't find it.
So I am here to ask your help:

1) Which is the file to activate http listener in order to run my form?
2) Where can I find some documents in order to configure properly oracle forms??

Thanks all for collaboration,
Fabrizio

Edited by: Fabrizio Delli Priscoli on 25-gen-2013 8.12
  • 1. Re: new to forms 11g
    Christian Erlinger Guru
    What install type did you choose? The development version? Did you choose to install and configure your domain properly? If so you just need to start the weblogic AdminServer; if you don't have a Start Menu entry for it the batch file is located under

%DOMAIN_HOME%\bin\startWeblogic.cmd

for a installation with the default values this might be

c:\oracle\frm\user_projects\domains\ClassicDomain\bin\startWeblogic.cmd

whereas c:\oracle\frm is the middleware_home.

cheers
  • 2. Re: new to forms 11g
    I have the file you mentioned: %DOMAIN_HOME%\bin\startWeblogic.cmd

When I double click it, appears a dos window and then it asks me "Enter username to boot Weblogic server:"

Which is username and then I think password that I must insert??

Thanks for collaboration,
    Fabrizio
  • 3. Re: new to forms 11g
    Christian Erlinger Guru
    This would be the username and the password you supplied at install time. If you don't want to enter them every time you could create a boot.properties file under

%DOMAIN_HOME%\servers\AdminServer\security

containing
    username=<your_username>
    password=<your_password>
    don't worry, both will be encrypted upon startup of weblogic.

As for the production version which you most certainly will install later you need to do the same for the managed servers WLS_FORMS and WLS_REPORTS.

cheers
  • 4. Re: new to forms 11g
    Ok. I will ask to my oracle group which username and password they used during installation.

Another question: can you give me a link to a document, a paper or something else where I can find how to configure oracle forms and webutil??
    I have a document for developer suite 10g but I think that now situation is different... :-(

Fabrizio
  • 5. Re: new to forms 11g
    HamidHelal Guru
    christian erlinger
    Hi christian erlinger
    I think form forum highly needs of a sticky thread on How to install Oracle Forms Developer Suite 11g Release XXX and configuration for successful run.
    What you think ?
    I don't know any forms admin, whom i can request.. if you have please do the job.

Thanks

Hamid
  • 6. Re: new to forms 11g
    Christian Erlinger Guru
    Sorry, I have no links for webutil as I am currently not using it. If you have access to Oracle Support you could take a look at Note 1093985.1 How to Configure Webutil in Forms 11g

cheers
  • 7. Re: new to forms 11g
    Christian Erlinger Guru
    I think form forum highly needs of a sticky thread on How to install Oracle Forms Developer Suite 11g Release XXX and configuration for successful run.
    What you think ?
    I think this wouldn't be the only thing worthy of a sticky thread, so you are right ;-). However there is no possibility to make threads sticky with this forum software. You can however post a non-question thread containing the information and ask a moderator to add it to the forum announcement as a FAQ.

If for some reason the moderator responsible for the forms forum (whoever this is) oversees your thread you might raise your request here: Community Feedback and Suggestions (Do Not Post Product-Related Questions Here)

Judging on how often questions regarding installation of forms 11 pop up here a FAQ really wouldn hurt I guess...

cheers
  • 8. Re: new to forms 11g
    HamidHelal Guru
    Thanks christian erlinger. I'm not good enough to post on that issue.. but will open a thread with request in this forum.
  • 9. Re: new to forms 11g
    Christian Erlinger Guru
    HamidHelal wrote:
    Thanks christian erlinger. I'm not good enough to post on that issue.. but will open a thread with request in this forum.
    If you are going to ask if someone writes such a tutorial in the community and suggestions forum this most certainly won't lead to anything.
    You can however start a thread with your own experiences, and maybe others post their experiences there too which might lead to a how-to guide...after all it's discussion forum ;-)

cheers
  • 10. Re: new to forms 11g
    I find what I need in the online documentation:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24269_01/doc.11120/e24477/configure.htm

Fabrizio

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points