This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 25, 2013 10:14 AM by beyerch2 RSS

Calculation status in Smart View

719680 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Is it possible to display calculation status using, getvalue function or other VBA function ? I would like to see this in a Excel sheet, without using data forms or Ad Hoc analysis.
  • 1. Re: Calculation status in Smart View
    beyerch2 Expert
    Currently Being Moderated
    The only way that I know of 'officially' is to set the entire worksheet to show calculation status.

If you want to do something where you call a method for a given POV to determine it's status, I do not believe there is any way to accomplish that through API calls.

A couple thoughts
    #1 - Create a hidden worksheet with all of the intersections you want status for and set that worksheet to cellstatus
    Declare Function HypSetSheetOption Lib "HsAddin.dll" (ByVal vtSheetName As Variant, ByVal vtItem As Variant, ByVal vtOption As Variant) As Long

Sub SetSheetDisplayOption(strWorkSheetName)
       X=HypSetSheetOption(strWorkSheetName, 15, 1)
       If X=0 Then
           MsgBox("Calc Status Display Option set for " & strWorkSheetName)
       else
           if X > 0 then
               MsgBox("Calc Status Display Option could not be set for " & strWorkSheetName & " due to server error.")
           else
               MsgBox("Calc Status Display Option could not be set for " & strWorkSheetName & " due to local error.")
           end if 
      end if 
    End Sub
    #2 - Use some HFM API calls to get the direct information you want. Drawback is that you need to now link in COM DLLs from HFM with your smartview documents...

#3 - If you reverse engineer the communication between smartview and the ASP page it talks to, you can figure out how Smartview requests the cell status information and then you can make your own queries to get exactly what you want. A little more work and not out of the box.....

Edited by: beyerch2 on Jan 25, 2013 10:11 AM

Edited by: beyerch2 on Jan 25, 2013 10:14 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points