5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2013 8:17 AM by HamidHelal RSS

Use of SRW.SET_MAXROW

Hi Friends,

By using SRW.SET_MAXROW we can limit the number of rows it should show on a page.

1. Lets say i set this as SRW.SET_MAXROW('Q_1',17) and i have 19 rows for my query, then it is fetching only 17 rows in report and 2 rows are not displaying at all.
      i want to fetch remaining 2 rows in next page then what should i do for that ???

Thanks in advance.
      Umesh
        • 1. Re: Use of SRW.SET_MAXROW
          HamidHelal
          984120 wrote:
          Hi Friends,

By using SRW.SET_MAXROW we can limit the number of rows it should show on a page.
          Hi Umesh

Welcome to the Oracle Forums. Please take a few minutes to review the following:

<ul>
          <li>Oracle Forums FAQ
          <li>Before posting on this forum please read
          <li>10 Commandments for the OTN Forums Member
          <li>How to ask questions the smart way
          </ul>

Following these simple guidelines will ensure you have a positive experience in any forum; not just this one!

1. Lets say i set this as SRW.SET_MAXROW('Q_1',17) and i have 19 rows for my query, then it is fetching only 17 rows in report and 2 rows are not displaying at all.
          i want to fetch remaining 2 rows in next page then what should i do for that ???
          No need of srw.set_maxrow
          Just select the repeating frame of that query which frame's data you want to break and set the following property by selecting the frame and press F4
          Maximum Record Per Page --set property value 15
          Hope this helps

Mark correct/helpful to help others to get right answer(s).*
          • 2. Re: Use of SRW.SET_MAXROW
            Hamidhelal.

Thanks for the effort but the problem in my end is bit diffrent.

Sorry as i could not present my doubt properly.

I am using oracle report version 2.5 right now.

I have a matrix report whose output is coming as 50 X 17 (50 columns and 17 rows). In one page it can create two lines of records each 7 X 17. In this way the report is displaying properly.

But Lets say if the Row count is increasing by 2 i.e. 19, then it's showing 7 columns and 19 rows of data in first line but in second line it's able to show only 7 columns and 15 rows. Remaining 4 rows are displaying after the endgin of all the record in the end.

So in this case, is there any possibility to display 17 rows initially and after end of these records, i will show remaining 2 rows of each column in the end.

Still i am not sure whether i make you people understand with my problem or not :(

Regards,
            Umesh
            • 3. Re: Use of SRW.SET_MAXROW
              HamidHelal
              try
              Minimum window record property --- for example 17
              of that frame which control the record number.

Hope this works...

Hamid

Mark correct/helpful to help others to get right answer(s).*
              • 4. Re: Use of SRW.SET_MAXROW
                Still not working :(
                • 5. Re: Use of SRW.SET_MAXROW
                  HamidHelal
                  984120 wrote:
                  Hamidhelal.

Thanks for the effort but the problem in my end is bit diffrent.

Sorry as i could not present my doubt properly.

I am using oracle report version 2.5 right now.

I have a matrix report whose output is coming as 50 X 17 (50 columns and 17 rows). In one page it can create two lines of records each 7 X 17. In this way the report is displaying properly.

But Lets say if the Row count is increasing by 2 i.e. 19, then it's showing 7 columns and 19 rows of data in first line but in second line it's able to show only 7 columns and 15 rows. Remaining 4 rows are displaying after the endgin of all the record in the end.

So in this case, is there any possibility to display 17 rows initially and after end of these records, i will show remaining 2 rows of each column in the end.
                  Hi Umesh,
                  Sorry, my second suggestion would not work for you. but my first one should.
                  Lets clarify again.. Which frame controls the rows (17 or 19). Can you identify it clearly ?

If yes set
                  Maximum Record Per Page --set property value 17
                  for that frame. Is it works on that frame ? does it can restrict the number of rows ? if no check or change the frame again..

Hope this helps

Mark correct/helpful to help others to get right answer(s).