This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2013 9:55 AM by VC Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Deleting From  A Tabular Form With A Dynamic Action
    Gus C Journeyer
    Currently Being Moderated
    I have put an example on oracle.com

Workspace: GUSCRIGHTON
    Username: ANGUS.CRIGHTON@HAVILOG.COM
    Password: terminator

Application 318 - Update BO Data
    Username: ANGUS
    Password terminator
    Page 8

Cheers

Gus
  • 16. Re: Deleting From  A Tabular Form With A Dynamic Action
    Tom Petrus Expert
    /slaps head
    Of course, yes. The text is just interpreted as such... Text. I was confused with your earlier responses where you said nothing replaced, as i thought it was empty. Stupid :)

I changed some things on your page:
    report -> the column link DISP_SEQ: replace ZZZ with CUST_ID (just for testing of course)

Dynamic action:
    deleted the confirm action
    Created a new action, execute javascript:
    return confirm("You are about to delete "+$v("P8_CUST_ID")+" ?");
    Since confirm returns true or false, returning the value will allow further actions to stop or continue (just as when you'd do a "return false;" in a function for example).
    To prove that, i added another true action after the confirm one of type execute javascript, with an alert in it. It will show when you press ok, and it wont when you press cancel.

My earlier point about the appname location: if you would put an img tag in your link TEXT then this means an IMG tag is wrapped in the anchor tag. When you then bind a dynamic action to fire on "a.delete", the triggeringElement would of course be the anchor tag. You can not then reference the appname by using "this.triggeringElement.appname" because there simply is no appname on the anchor element. Instead, it is on the embedded IMG tag.
    On your example page you have this in your link text, in your IMG tag
    appname="'||#CUST_ID#||'"
    and this in your link attributes
    id="#CUST_ID#"
    The correct value is put in P8_CUST_ID because the value is taken from the ID attribute on the anchor tag. You could in this case remove the appname attribute on the link text IMG tag.
    If you were to remove the link attribute id value, and use the appname attribute, then you'll need to adjust as shown in my previous post.
  • 17. Re: Deleting From  A Tabular Form With A Dynamic Action
    Gus C Journeyer
    Thank you to both of you.
    It is working great

Gus
  • 18. Re: Deleting From  A Tabular Form With A Dynamic Action
    VC Guru
    Gus,

Welcome! and sorry for confusion.

Cheers