4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2013 2:22 PM by jtellier RSS

Account stuck in Provisioning state in OIM 11gR2

jtellier
      Hello,

In OIM 11gR2, when provisioning fails, the application still shows in the accounts tab of the user, but it is stuck in the "Provisioning" state. I don't know if it's standard behavior, but it always does this for me. When this problem occurs, the only way I have found to remove the entry from the applications list is to completely delete the application instance and re-create it. Is there a cleaner way of removing the stuck account ? The "Remove Account" button does nothing for me.

Thanks,
      --jtellier                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
        • 1. Re: Account stuck in Provisioning state in OIM 11gR2
          idamGod
          It is the standard behaviour. When provisioging fails, you will the account in accounts tab under the status "provisioning".

Instead of deleting it, look for the logs for the failure and try to fix it.

Click on resource history and see which task failed and then look at the logs.

Paste the logs here so that we can help you.
          • 2. Re: Account stuck in Provisioning state in OIM 11gR2
            jtellier
            Well, even if I manage to fix my problem and correctly provision an account. The stuck ones still stay present. That's what used to happen with other applications anyway. So I'd like to know if it's possible to force the removal of those applications.

I'll post my specific provisioning problem in another thread.

Thanks,
            --jtellier                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
            • 3. Re: Account stuck in Provisioning state in OIM 11gR2
              Rajiv Dewan
              It is not recommended to delete anything from OIM DB. If it is test environment then Take backup of OIU table and delete entries from there for those provisioning instance.

BDW, if something goes wrong while doing provisioning then you can retry the rejected task (after fixing the issue) instead of initiating provisioning again with new instance. It will mark your existing incomplete instance as PROVISIONED.
              • 4. Re: Account stuck in Provisioning state in OIM 11gR2
                jtellier
                Rajiv Dewan wrote:
                BDW, if something goes wrong while doing provisioning then you can retry the rejected task (after fixing the issue) instead of initiating provisioning again with new instance. It will mark your existing incomplete instance as PROVISIONED.
                Oh, thanks, I had not realized that...

--jtellier