4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2013 8:27 PM by 987113 RSS

Oracle internet directory connection fails.

Hi All,

I have installed OIM 11.1.1.6. Now we want to create users in Oracle INternet Directory.
      For that i need to create a new Oracle Internet directory connection.

I am using http://host:post/odsm to create a new connection to Oracle Internet Directory.
      and I am giving the following connection details:

Directory Type: OID
      Name:
      Server: <servername>
      port: <oid port> (3061)
      username: <orcladmin>
      password: <password>

However while giving the above details I am always getting the below error message: Bind failed.

Could you please suggest me on passing the correct details.

Thanks
      Rajesh.
        • 1. Re: Oracle internet directory connection fails.
          Kevin Pinsky
          Usename needs to be the full name:

cn=orcladmin

-Kevin
          • 2. Re: Oracle internet directory connection fails.
            Hi Kevin,

Thanks for you reply.
            I have given cn=orcladmin even then it fails. Please let me know if i am mising any other value.

Thanks
            Parker
            • 3. Re: Oracle internet directory connection fails.
              Kevin,

Got this one working. I used opmnctl to start all the instances. As i am new to 11g OIM i am facing little hard in configuring the instances.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
              Parker.
              • 4. Re: Oracle internet directory connection fails.
                Have faced a similar issue. It wouldn't work all the time when trying to connect from ODSM. But works well after a restart. Raised a ticket with oracle and it now works fine. Below is the response. Good luck.
                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Can you please set ipv6=false in setdomainenv.bat($domain_home/bin),restart and try to access dip url.PLease see related

Please also implement the following notes:
                Error: Unable To Locate The Dip Sync Profile Mbean (Doc ID 1232697.1)
                DIPSTATUS Shows "ODIP Application is down at this host and port" (Doc ID 887653.1)

Find
                set EXTRA_JAVA_PROPERTIES=%EXTRA_JAVA_PROPERTIES% -Didm.oracle.home=%IDM_ORACLE_HOME% -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -Xss512K -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=oracle.mds.net.protocol -Dweblogic.management.discover=false

and change it to:

set EXTRA_JAVA_PROPERTIES=%EXTRA_JAVA_PROPERTIES% -Didm.oracle.home=%IDM_ORACLE_HOME% -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -Xss512K -Djava.net.preferIPv6Addresses=false -DuseIPv6Address=false -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=oracle.mds.net.protocol -Dweblogic.management.discover=false -Djava.net.preferIPv6Addresses=false