3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2013 11:15 PM by 864103 RSS

services steps

Hi guys ,

oracle 11g.2 ASM with RAC under RHEL 5

i know how to stop oracle real application cluster 11g but today my friend told me
      there is one step must apply under root user ???
      su - root
      ./crsctl start crs              (must be run on each node)
      crs is for cluster ware ??? in shutdown it's first step ??? in startup it's last step??

can you please provide me good links as always to be easy for me to get the good idea.

thanks
        • 1. Re: services steps
          damorgan
          Oracle docs: http://tahiti.oracle.com

Look it up.
          • 2. Re: services steps
            marksmithusa
            861100 wrote:
            Hi guys ,

oracle 11g.2 ASM with RAC under RHEL 5

i know how to stop oracle real application cluster 11g but today my friend told me
            there is one step must apply under root user ???
            su - root
            ./crsctl start crs              (must be run on each node)
            crs is for cluster ware ??? in shutdown it's first step ??? in startup it's last step??

can you please provide me good links as always to be easy for me to get the good idea.

thanks
            'crsctl' manages the clusterware services. 'crsctl start crs' will start the clusterware services on the node that you execute that command for. Conversely, 'crsctl stop crs' will stop clusterware services if that's what you want to do.

If you're looking for a CLEAN shutdown of all RAC-related services on the node, make sure you shutdown your databases via srvctl, your ASM (and diskgroups) via srvctl and then issue the 'crsctl stop crs' command.

'crsctl stop crs' tells the system you're wanting a QUICK shutdown and this will issue 'shutdown abort' commands to both your DB and your ASM instances if they're not already shutdown.
            • 3. Re: services steps
              thanks this is good info , so concern the startup must be apply first right???