This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2013 5:44 AM by 845348 RSS

image reload

845348 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
hi,
i have to show more than one images on a jsp page which are frequently refreshed.I am getting images in stream from client end and i want to show them on jsp. How can show them on jsp and refresh them after getting new image from client side?

thanks
Irfan
  • 1. Re: image reload
    Kayaman Guru
    max wrote:
    hi,
    i have to show more than one images on a jsp page which are frequently refreshed.
    The images are refreshed? Or the jsp page?
    I am getting images in stream from client end
    You're getting images from the client? How does that work?
    How can show them on jsp and refresh them after getting new image from client side?
    You'll need to explain yourself better.
  • 2. Re: image reload
    gimbal2 Guru
    Let me try a translation: I have a file upload through which users can upload images and they should be shown on the site. If a file is uploaded again, the existing file should be updated.

If I'm correct, that is still only a set of requirements. Where is the problem? Lack of knowledge is not a problem I will mention up front, the solution to it is to research and that is something you are perfectly capable of doing yourself.
  • 3. Re: image reload
    845348 Newbie
    hi kayaman,
    thanks for reply
    1. Only images will be refresh not the whole jsp.
    2. I am getting images from client in binary stream and creating images on fly using a servlet.

if you need any more explanations then please write.
    thanks
  • 4. Re: image reload
    845348 Newbie
    hi gimbal2
    You got it right, When i am working with a single image then its ok but when more than one image comes then it's not behaving accurately
    thanks
  • 5. Re: image reload
    r035198x Pro
    max wrote:
    hi kayaman,
    thanks for reply
    1. Only images will be refresh not the whole jsp.
    Use Ajax then.
    2. I am getting images from client in binary stream and creating images on fly using a servlet.

if you need any more explanations then please write.
    thanks
    How often do you get the images from the client? Are the images displayed only to the client that uploaded them?
  • 6. Re: image reload
    845348 Newbie
    thanks for the reply,
    I am using ajax now to refresh the images, but i have to refresh whole images div each time, can i refresh only one image @ a time, i am trying to do so,I am working on it now, if u have any idea on it then plz share
  • 7. Re: image reload
    r035198x Pro
    Why not put each image in its own div?
  • 8. Re: image reload
    845348 Newbie
    ok, I will try it too, do u have some samples on it or any reference site to study. i googled it but not getting anything for jsp.

thanks

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points