This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2013 1:56 AM by Kishore Rout RSS

ORA-12516, TNS:listener could not find available handler Weblogic error

987455 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I have a wierd issue while setting up a datasource in weblogic.

The database am trying to connect to is an Oracle DB and am using a LDAP based URL as the datasource URL in weblogic.

Service name : PSG03900_PEWTER_APPL.WORLD

The LDAP url given was jdbc:oracle:thin:@ldap://oid_ldap_server_ln.csfp.co.uk:1522/PSG03900_PEWTER_APPL.WORLD,cn=OracleContext,dc=uk,dc=csfb,dc=com
driver oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource

When am trying to setup the datasource and test the connection configuration the test is successful. However when I try to activate the changes I get the following error:

An error occurred during activation of changes, please see the log for details.
weblogic.application.ModuleException:
Listener refused the connection with the following error: ORA-12516, TNS:listener could not find available handler with matching protocol stack The Connection descriptor used by the client was: (DESCRIPTION = (SDU = 8192) (TDU = 8192) (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = PSGLOD2008-SCAN.AP.HEDANI.NET)(PORT = 1522)) (LOAD_BALANCE = ON) (FAILOVER = ON ) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVICE_NAME = PSG03900_PEWTER_APPL.WORLD) (FAILOVER_MODE = (TYPE = SESSION) (METHOD = BASIC) (RETRIES = 20) (DELAY = 5))))

The DBAs have confirmed to me that the database setup on their side is correct as they are able to do a tnsping and sqlplus connectivity succeeds.

I have also tried accessing the database through PL/SQL developer and am able to login however the weblogic activation fails for some wierd reason.

Could I request someone to enlighten me what I am missing here? I have been at it for days now.

Many thanks.

Best Regards,
Vinod

Edited by: 984452 on Jan 27, 2013 11:16 PM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points