This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2013 8:56 PM by 982417 RSS

OEM Plugin development - Showing Logs

982417 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
I am trying to develop a plug-in for OEM 12c. I have successfully hosted the DemoHost sample plugin provided with the EDK and also able to host a sample plugin from the DemoHost code. Now I want to show Logs of my Sample plugin in existing EM UI. I saw the menu Logs in Enterprise>Monitoring in EM Grid control and in that an option for selecting the targets too. But I couldn't find the sample plugin or even DemoHost sample listed in the Select targets - Dialogue.
Now my question is:
1) Is it possible to add the Sample plugin created also to be listed when selecting the targets from Enterprise>Monitoring>Logs? If yes, how can I do that.
2) If the above thing can done, then is it possible to add a custom ui(instead of table) when selecting the Sample plugin.

Thanks In Advance

Edited by: 979414 on Jan 1, 2013 10:19 PM
  • 1. Re: OEM Plugin development - Showing Logs
    AdeeshFulay Explorer
    We are following up on this. Appreciate your patience.
  • 2. Re: OEM Plugin development - Showing Logs
    983762 Newbie
    Hi,

Point 1:

Please follow the below steps to get the Logs/View Log Messages menu item enabled for your target:
    1) Create the log viewer registration xml file for your target type. The DTD for this xml file is oracle/sysman/emSDK/logmgmt/registration/LogMgmtTargetTypeRegistration.xsd
    2) Make sure the created log viewer registration xml file is accessible from $PLUGIN_ROOT/metadata/logmgmt/ folder.
    3) Install your Plugin.

A sample registration xml file content is,
    <LogMgmtUITargetConfig TARGET_TYPE="%your targe type%">
    <LogViewerImpl CLASS_NAME="oracle.sysman.emas.model.logmgmt.MASLogViewer"/>
    <VersionProperties VALID_VERSIONS="11"
    MIN_META_VER="11.00000"
    VERSION_CATEGORY_PROP_WILDCARD_CHAR="*"/>
    </LogMgmtUITargetConfig>

OOB Log Viewer supports the FMW & FA targets which includes WebLogic J2EE Server, J2EE Applications, Custom J2EE Applications, HTTP Server, etc.. If your target is in this list, then the above registration is sufficient to get the logs for your target.

But if your target is not part of this list, then a custom log viewer implementation is required which should extend the oracle/sysman/emSDK/logmgmt/LogViewer.java and include this in the above registration xml.

Point 2:
    Log Viewer UI is not customizable.
  • 3. Re: OEM Plugin development - Showing Logs
    982417 Newbie
    Hi,
    Thanks for the reply.

I couldn't get this working yet. I have created a folder named "logmgmt" inside metadata folder and added an xml file "LogMgmtsamplepluginRegistration". Now when i create plugin using command empdk create_plugin. It creates an error report which contains
    +"Could not find the corresponding xsd to validate the Metadata serviceException while trying to write to C:\Users\TestUser\AppData\Local\Temp\logMgmt\partner\LogMgmtTargetTypeRegistration.xsd_partner: The meta data registration service Log Management Target Type Registration is not published to the plug-in Sample.Plugin.Demo"+

I think I am missing something else. Could you please help to identify the issue.

Thanks again..
  • 4. Re: OEM Plugin development - Showing Logs
    982417 Newbie
    Any ideas?
  • 5. Re: OEM Plugin development - Showing Logs
    983762 Newbie
    Hi,

I missed out one point.

The Log Viewer functionality will not be available for partner plugins or external plugins which are installed on top of EM 12.1.0.2 (PS1). This functionality is recently included and will be available in EM 12.1.0.3 (PS2). Hope this clarifies.

Thanks
  • 6. Re: OEM Plugin development - Showing Logs
    982417 Newbie
    Thank you for the reply. I have been using the version 12.1.0.2.0. Will check this in the PS2 and let you know.
    Meantime, was the plugin validation error I posted earlier is because of older version or am I missing something. Could you please clarify on that point too.
  • 7. Re: OEM Plugin development - Showing Logs
    983762 Newbie
    Yes. In 12.1.0.2, the Log Management Target Type Registration is not published for external plugins or partner plugins, so you are seeing this error.
  • 8. Re: OEM Plugin development - Showing Logs
    982417 Newbie
    The OEM's latest version available is 12.1.0.2, right? Any idea when they will release 12.1.0.3?

Thanks again.
  • 9. Re: OEM Plugin development - Showing Logs
    982417 Newbie
    I am trying to figure out how to extend oracle/sysman/emSDK/logmgmt/LogViewer.java in our implementation. Could you please elaborate how to import this or where can I find this class. In my Flex implementation I tried importing oracle.sysman.emx but couldn't find emSDK or logmgmnt. Do I need to install anything else? Please help.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points