This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 40 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2013 5:42 AM by Srini Chavali-Oracle Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: "Enterprise manager configuration failed due to the ff... 11 g/windows 7
    Ant13 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    On step 3 of 3: Oracle database install on Windows Home versions - Part 3 of 3

When I type this command :# cd /etc/yum.repos.d in the linux terminal, "No root file or directory" message is displayed
  • 16. Re: "Enterprise manager configuration failed due to the ff... 11 g/windows 7
    sb92075 Guru
    Ant13 wrote:
    No Oracle Version is certified on ANY Windows Home Edition.
    I am not aware that anyone has succeeded in having Oracle DB working on Home Edition.
  • 17. Re: "Enterprise manager configuration failed due to the ff... 11 g/windows 7
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director
    This would indicate that the Linux OS install was not completed successfully. Pl post the output of "ls -l" command after logging in as root.

HTH
    Srini
  • 18. Re: "Enterprise manager configuration failed due to the ff... 11 g/windows 7
    sb92075 wrote:
    Ant13 wrote:
    No Oracle Version is certified on ANY Windows Home Edition.
    I am not aware that anyone has succeeded in having Oracle DB working on Home Edition.
    sb - I believe OP is trying to install 11gR2 on a Linux VM guest machine running on Win 7 host

HTH
    Srini
  • 19. Re: "Enterprise manager configuration failed due to the ff... 11 g/windows 7
    Ant13 Newbie
    When I entered 'ls-l' (letter L, S and dash(-) letter l) command in the root directory, ls-l command is not found messaged is displayed in the terminal .

When ls command is entered
    anaconda-ks.cfg Desktop install.log install.log.syslog scsrun.log is displayed.

Side note: I have to install a new Linux OS in linux VM, every time the VM is launched. Instead of the log in window the install boot option window is displayed.
    When I installed yet another linux OS, these options are given :
    Install Oracle linux Server - I select this option
    upgrade an existing Installation.
    And when the OS is launched and the terminal window is accessed, most commands do not seem to work . Something is out of place.

Edited by: Ant13 on Jan 28, 2013 10:42 PM
  • 20. Re: "Enterprise manager configuration failed due to the ff... 11 g/windows 7
    This would indicate that the Linux OS has not been installed. Pl see my blog for details on how to install the Linux OS - which version of Linux are you installing ?

HTH
    Srini
  • 21. Re: "Enterprise manager configuration failed due to the ff... 11 g/windows 7
    Ant13 Newbie
    "Oracle Linux Release 5 Update 7 Media Pack" is installed on my box as suggested here: Oracle database install on Windows Home versions - Part 2 of 3.
    A copy of the file is also on my F drive ,labeled as MY_DATA_012613.
    Also in Windows, when I run the DISKPART command it should my disk 0 as online with a size of 698 GB.

So based on your comment, I try to delete the above image in VM (to create a new one) but instead I got this error message :

Failed to remove the virtual machine linux2.
    could not delete the medium storage unit 'C\users\username\VirtualBoxVMS\New group\Linux2\Linux2.vdi

VD:error VERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND opening image file 'C\users\username\VirtualBoxVMS\New group\Linux2\Linux2.vdi
    (VERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)

When I click on details this message is displayed
    Result code: VBOX_EFILE_ERROR (0x8oBB0004)
    Component: Medium
    Interface IMedium {29989373-b111-4654-8493-2e1176cba890}
  • 22. Re: "Enterprise manager configuration failed due to the ff... 11 g/windows 7
    I am not sure what you are attempting to do. If you follow the directions in my blog, the install should work

HTH
    Srini
  • 23. Re: "Enterprise manager configuration failed due to the ff... 11 g/windows 7
    Ant13 Newbie
    A follow up question, when I type yum repolist command in the Linux terminal , I get the below message:
    This system is not registered with ULN
    ULN support is disabled.

I am not clear on what I should do going forward, I uninstalled and reinstalled oracle VM, created a new image file ( this time triple check my process against yours) yet, I still get the same result. Some and not all of the command works. ls-l (does not work)

I think my issue is similar to this user experience : https://kr.forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2233999.
    when I type yum install command, I get the below info. and ... ( I am not sure if it means something)

Under enabled plugin =[plugin]
    --bz=BZ       Included packages  needed to fix the given BZ  // BZ is my initial is something is amiss
    --cve =CVE  Include packages needed to fix the given CVE
    --advisor      Advisory  Include package needed to fix the given advisory                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
  • 24. Re: "Enterprise manager configuration failed due to the ff... 11 g/windows 7
    I do not have the "yum repolist" command in my blog entry - as noted above, if you follow the steps exactly as in my blog, you should be successful. Since you are running into issues, I can only surmise that you are doing extra steps from some other source.

The Unix command is <font size="26">"ls -l"</font> (without the quotes, and with a space inbetween). My blog assumes some familiarity with basic commands in Unix.

HTH
    Srini
  • 25. Re: "Enterprise manager configuration failed due to the ff... 11 g/windows 7
    Ant13 Newbie
    First, I will start out by saying, I do not know Unix, I am not a programmer either, so ignorance is bliss here.
    Anyway, I got past the first command , woohoo. But I am at a stop on the second command.

[root@localhost ~]# cd /etc/yum.repos.d
    [root@localhost yum.repos.d]# wget http://public-yum.oracle.com/public-yum-e15.repo
    --2013-01-30 03:54:41-- http://public-yum.oracle.com/public-yum-e15.repo
    Resolving public-yum.oracle.com... 141.146.44.34
    Connecting to public-yum.oracle.com|141.146.44.34|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
    2013-01-30 03:54:42 ERROR 404: Not Found.

[root@localhost yum.repos.d]#

Here is the ls - l command ( ls -l with a space thank you very much)
    [root@localhost ~]# ls
    anaconda-ks.cfg install.log install.log.syslog
    Desktop install.log~ scsrun.log
    [root@localhost ~]# ls -l
    total 120
    -rw------- 1 root root 1303 Jan 29 16:31 anaconda-ks.cfg
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jan 29 23:35 Desktop
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 39535 Jan 30 00:43 install.log
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 39475 Jan 30 00:43 install.log~
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3672 Jan 29 16:29 install.log.syslog
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 195 Jan 29 23:34 scsrun.log
    [root@localhost ~]#

Edited by: Ant13 on Jan 30, 2013 7:45 AM
  • 26. Re: "Enterprise manager configuration failed due to the ff... 11 g/windows 7
    dccase Explorer
    If your goal is just to have a working database running in a VM, why not use one of these pre-built ones?
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/community/developer-vm/index.html

Of course, that will spoil all the fun of installing it yourself.
  • 27. Re: "Enterprise manager configuration failed due to the ff... 11 g/windows 7
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    First, I will start out by saying, I do not know Unix, I am not a programmer either, so ignorance is bliss here.
    Anyway, I got past the first command , woohoo. But I am at a stop on the second command.
    But you have to search and read Oracle documentation and online blogs, Srini provided you with all information you need , you should do some google and lookup for the error.
  • 28. Re: "Enterprise manager configuration failed due to the ff... 11 g/windows 7
    Ant13 Newbie
    ok, got past the sedond error, ( by opening a browser in the VM) i am trekking.
    I ran this command

[root@localhost ~]# wget ://http://public-yum.oracle.com
    ://http://public-yum.oracle.com: Unsupported scheme.
    [root@localhost ~]# wget http://public-yum.oracle.com/public-yum-el5.repo
    --2013-01-30 07:04:06-- http://public-yum.oracle.com/public-yum-el5.repo
    Resolving public-yum.oracle.com... 141.146.44.34
    Connecting to public-yum.oracle.com|141.146.44.34|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 4220 (4.1K) [text/plain]
    Saving to: `public-yum-el5.repo'

100%[======================================>] 4,220 --.-K/s in 0.04s

2013-01-30 07:04:06 (95.3 KB/s) - `*public-yum-el5.repo' saved* [4220/4220]

In tthe root directory, I update the enabled flag from 0 to 1.
    CHANGE
    [ol5_u7_base]
    name=Oracle Linux $releasever Update 7 installation media copy ($basearch)
    baseurl=http://public-yum.oracle.com/repo/OracleLinux/OL5/7/base/$basearch/
    gpgkey=http://public-yum.oracle.com/RPM-GPG-KEY-oracle-el5
    gpgcheck=1
    enabled=0

TO
    [ol5_u7_base]
    name=Oracle Linux $releasever Update 7 installation media copy ($basearch)
    baseurl=http://public-yum.oracle.com/repo/OracleLinux/OL5/7/base/$basearch/
    gpgkey=http://public-yum.oracle.com/RPM-GPG-KEY-oracle-el5
    gpgcheck=1
    enabled=1

But when I run the following commands nothing happens. Please help!

[root@localhost ~]# yum update
    Loaded plugins: rhnplugin, security
    This system is not registered with ULN.
    ULN support will be disabled.
    Setting up Update Process
    No Packages marked for Update

[root@localhost ~]# yum install gcc
    Setting up Install Process
    No package gcc available.
    Nothing to do

[root@localhost ~]# yum install kernel-devel
    No package kernel-devel available.
    Nothing to do

[root@localhost ~]# yum install kernel-uek-devel
    No package kernel-uek-devel available.
    Nothing to do
    [
    root@localhost ~]# yum install oracle validated
    No package oracle available.
    No package validated available.
    Nothing to do
    [root@localhost ~]#

Edited by: Ant13 on Jan 30, 2013 12:34 PM
  • 29. Re: "Enterprise manager configuration failed due to the ff... 11 g/windows 7
    If you have no knowledge of Unix or Oracle databases, I am afraid all of this process is way over your head. Let's get back to basics - what are you trying to achieve ?

HTH
    Srini

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points