5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2013 9:41 PM by 921550 RSS

Essbase outline dimension.

HI

I know the question i am going to ask is very basic and probably you will think i dont know Essbase but i am just going to put it out. its been a while i worked with Essbase applications i have been working with Planning application for a while. I need to rearrange the dimesnios like dense are at bottom and i need to reaarange it to Hourglass model, if any one can provide me instructions on how to change this will be very greatfull.

Thanks,
        • 1. Re: Essbase outline dimension.
          Hi,

Please refer the following link :-

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17236_01/epm.1112/hp_admin/frameset.htm?perf_set.html

Regards,
          -SM

Edited by: 918547 on Jan 28, 2013 12:10 PM

Were you asking about rearranging outline in EAS for Essbase Application ?
          If so you need to use CUT and PASTE the dimension for rearranging and if not (i.e. if it is a planning application) then refer to above link
          • 2. Re: Essbase outline dimension.
            Thanks for the response but this is for planning, i already know on planning but i needed was on Essbase.

Thanks,
            • 3. Re: Essbase outline dimension.
              I just performed as you mentioned cut and paste, but is this the ocrrect way or is there any other way with in the properties to re arrange this.

Thanks,
              • 4. Re: Essbase outline dimension.
                CL
                You need to go into Dimensions in the Planning interface (whether Classic or EPMA) and go to the Performance Settings tab. You can change the order there and then do a refresh.

Be careful if you change the density/sparsity as that can take a very long time indeed if you have data in the database.

Regards,

Cameron Lackpour

Edited by: CL on Jan 28, 2013 3:40 PM
                I can't type things right the first time round.
                • 5. Re: Essbase outline dimension.
                  Hi,

As far as I recollect, we don't have any such functionality of rearranging the dimensions in Essbase application as we have in planning. However said that we have some functionality while using dimension built rule for building dimension.

But yes, no other way to rearrange dimension in required manner as we have in planning applications.

Hope this helps.

Regards
                  -SM