4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2013 12:25 PM by 802569 RSS

Java EE 6 Web Services training

Just curious if anyone knows of a good source for self-study (ideally video or online based) Java EE 6 Web Services training?

thanks
        • 1. Re: Java EE 6 Web Services training
          gimbal2
          That would be about 2 months of video footage. JEE is a huge specification built up out of dozens of smaller APIs/specifications.

You'll have to do it the same way everyone else does it - read about a ton of books and spend weeks upon weeks of research and experimentation, plus a couple of years of on the job training to finalize it.
          • 2. Re: Java EE 6 Web Services training
            r035198x
            EE6 tutorial has a good section on webservices which you should read first.
            With EE6 you can use JAX-RS which is a very small API, the entire specification for it is less than 40 pages so that should be quick and easy. JAX-WS is a bit more involved and will take quite a bit of your time. I would only use the EE6 tutorial and specification documents if I wanted to learn them quickly but more important is to do projects where you see the specs in application.
            • 3. Re: Java EE 6 Web Services training
              gimbal2
              (oops, I missed the web-services part)
              • 4. Re: Java EE 6 Web Services training
                I was hoping there was some sort of self-study course similar to what Oracle University offers for Java EE 5 web services... they don't seem to have one for EE 6 yet. Specs, tutorials, books it is then.

thanks