This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2013 11:44 PM by Roel RSS

Changing theme for JQuery Mobile using themeroller

987046 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
All,

APEX MOBILE question.

Sorry if this obvious question has been asked already; newbie here. Can anyone please demonstrate - preferably with a video - the precise steps by which a new themeroller theme can be implemented in APEX 4.2.x ?

My stuff's just not working ; it's so frustrating and I know I must be missing something really obvious and stupid. Newbie here so please be kind and patient on your reply. Any help much appreciated.

Again, this relates to taming the dreaded mobile "theme 50" into something usable and flexible (colors, etc. preferably with themeroller).

Edited by: 984043 on Jan 24, 2013 7:16 PM

Edited by: 984043 on Jan 24, 2013 7:18 PM
  • 1. Re: Changing theme for JQuery Mobile using themeroller
    Roel Oracle ACE Director
    Start telling what did you tried until now ...
    Because it isn't that hard:
    - Upload the ThemeRoller CSS + Images (to your web server or into the APEX Repository)
    - Reference the CSS in the Cascading-Style-Sheet File URL property of your Page Template (so it overwrites the standard jQuery Mobile CSS)

When you upload the files into the APEX Repository you have to change the reference to the images in the CSS beforehand.
  • 2. Re: Changing theme for JQuery Mobile using themeroller
    987320 Newbie
    Roel,

I did post both the CSS and the images to the Apache images directory (just into the theme_50 folders , 'css' and 'images'. ) The CSS file name is called 'themeroller_01.css'

Questions for you:
    - Upload the ThemeRoller CSS + Images (to your web server or into the APEX Repository)
    ok I think I have done that part.
    - Reference the CSS in the Cascading-Style-Sheet File URL property of your Page Template (so it overwrites the standard jQuery Mobile CSS)
    I understand that this is the #APEX_CSS# replacement I am supposed to do; is that correct ? there was a different posting about this too. I could not get it working.
    When you upload the files into the APEX Repository you have to change the reference to the images in the CSS beforehand.
    Can you be explicit about what is to be done here ? with an example ?
    Also, do you know of any video tutorials that I could review to "watch" this process ? I think I am missing some really obvious thing here >>because I am very new to CSS. Do you work for Oracle ?
    Edited by: 984317 on Jan 26, 2013 8:37 AM
  • 3. Re: Changing theme for JQuery Mobile using themeroller
    Roel Oracle ACE Director
    You can replace #APEX_CSS# with other CSS files (see Re: Themecolor Oracle Apex 4.2
    But you can also "overwrite" the standard jQuery Mobile CSS by setting a reference to those new files in the Cascading-Style-Sheet File URL property of your Page Template.
    So you might enter there :
    #IMAGE_PREFIX#themes/theme_50/css/themeroller_01.css

(BTW you'd better keep your own files separate from the standard APEX files - for instance in another theme-subdirectory)

You didn't upload the files to the repository, so changing the image references is not relevant to you.

And no, I don't work for Oracle.
  • 4. Re: Changing theme for JQuery Mobile using themeroller
    987320 Newbie
    Roel,

got-it; it worked ! Thanks for your help, and for the caveats !

BTW: this technology is incredible. The phone-neutrality is going to make APEX and JQM a KILLER dev platform.

PS themeroller ROCKS !
  • 5. Re: Changing theme for JQuery Mobile using themeroller
    Roel Oracle ACE Director
    I know... watch out for this book : http://www.apress.com/9781430249474
    (addvertisement alert !)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points