This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2013 3:26 AM by Helios-GunesEROL RSS

Oracle best practice metrics

user599292 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Aside from security hardening and ensuring there is an effective backup/restore process in operation, what other issues should a network admin want assurances on for a healthy oracle database? What other metrics or risk areas would be of concern to IT/network management?
  • 1. Re: Oracle best practice metrics
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    You could start with small test, backup and restore a few files to see if the system itself works,Check the content of your backup archive also you need different approach to test tape drive and make sure it valid
  • 2. Re: Oracle best practice metrics
    user599292 Newbie
    Osama_mustafa wrote:
    You could start with small test, backup and restore a few files to see if the system itself works,Check the content of your backup archive also you need different approach to test tape drive and make sure it valid
    Sorry maybe a bit of confusion, I basically meant if you take security and backup/restore out of the equation, what other metrics would DBA's look for when trying to determine a health well configured/managed database server...
  • 3. Re: Oracle best practice metrics
    Girish Sharma Guru
    Below link may give you complete answer :

http://www.stanford.edu/dept/itss/docs/oracle/10g/server.101/b10726/configbp.htm

Regards
    Girish Sharma
  • 4. Re: Oracle best practice metrics
    Helios-GunesEROL Oracle ACE
    Hi
    Sorry maybe a bit of confusion, I basically meant if you take security and backup/restore out of the equation, what other metrics would DBA's look for when trying to determine a health well configured/managed database server...
    You need to be sure your disk are healty or your tape is working properly. If your backup taken wihtout any issue and also your restore process end wihtout any problem than I belive those are enough

Regard
    Helios

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points