3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2013 1:58 AM by A. Drieux RSS

Question about error 17008

A. Drieux
      Hi

I would like to know the exact signification of error 17008 in ODI session.
      "interrupted connexion"

What exactly is interrupted ? Is it the ODI agent itself ? Or the access to a database (source database, or repository ?).
      What can be the causes of this error ?

I don't find any documentation about this error.
        • 1. Re: Question about error 17008
          Bhabani Ranjan
          Can you provide the exact error ? Is it like the connection to the server was interrupted or server connections interrupted or network access was interrupted ?

I cannot point it to connection timeout as this is different than your error. Might be related to packet failure or internet fluctuation or firewall issue.
          • 2. Re: Question about error 17008
            A. Drieux
            Here's the error : (message in french)

I don't know if server connexion or network have been interrupted.

It happened during the step where LKM oracle to oracle DB Link creates the synonym.
            But I've already got this message in other circonstances, in other steps.

17008 : null : java.sql.SQLException: Connexion interrompue
            java.sql.SQLException: Connexion interrompue
                 at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:125)
                 at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:162)
                 at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:227)
                 at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.prepareStatement(PhysicalConnection.java:753)
                 at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.prepareStatement(PhysicalConnection.java:670)
                 at com.sunopsis.sql.SnpsQuery.a(SnpsQuery.java)
                 at com.sunopsis.sql.SnpsQuery.a(SnpsQuery.java)
                 at com.sunopsis.sql.SnpsQuery.updateExecStatement(SnpsQuery.java)
                 at com.sunopsis.sql.SnpsQuery.executeUpdate(SnpsQuery.java)
                 at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSql.execStdOrders(SnpSessTaskSql.java)
                 at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSql.treatTaskTrt(SnpSessTaskSql.java)
                 at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSqlC.treatTaskTrt(SnpSessTaskSqlC.java)
                 at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSql.treatTask(SnpSessTaskSql.java)
                 at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessStep.treatSessStep(SnpSessStep.java)
                 at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSession.treatSession(SnpSession.java)
                 at com.sunopsis.dwg.cmd.DwgCommandScenario.treatCommand(DwgCommandScenario.java)
                 at com.sunopsis.dwg.cmd.DwgCommandBase.execute(DwgCommandBase.java)
                 at com.sunopsis.dwg.cmd.e.i(e.java)
                 at com.sunopsis.dwg.cmd.g.E(g.java)
                 at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpScen.a(SnpScen.java)
                 at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpScen.localExecuteSync(SnpScen.java)
                 at com.sunopsis.dwg.tools.StartScen.actionExecute(StartScen.java)
                 at com.sunopsis.dwg.function.SnpsFunctionBaseRepositoryConnected.execute(SnpsFunctionBaseRepositoryConnected.java)
                 at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSql.execIntegratedFunction(SnpSessTaskSql.java)
                 at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSql.treatTaskTrt(SnpSessTaskSql.java)
                 at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSqlS.treatTaskTrt(SnpSessTaskSqlS.java)
                 at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSql.treatTask(SnpSessTaskSql.java)
                 at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessStep.treatSessStep(SnpSessStep.java)
                 at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSession.treatSession(SnpSession.java)
                 at com.sunopsis.dwg.cmd.DwgCommandScenario.treatCommand(DwgCommandScenario.java)
                 at com.sunopsis.dwg.cmd.DwgCommandBase.execute(DwgCommandBase.java)
                 at com.sunopsis.dwg.cmd.e.i(e.java)
                 at com.sunopsis.dwg.cmd.e.y(e.java)
                 at com.sunopsis.dwg.DwgJv.treatCmd(DwgJv.java)
                 at com.sunopsis.dwg.DwgJv.main(DwgJv.java)
                 at oracle.odi.Agent.main(Agent.java)
            • 3. Re: Question about error 17008
              A. Drieux
              If somebody knows...

I don't think it's related to the source database, otherwise I assume I would get a ORAxxx error.

This error often occurs on this LKM step :

Create synonym on target
              create synonym     "work_schema"."C$"
              for           "work_schema"."C$"@dblink
              The same error occurs on the previous step

Drop synonym on target
              drop synonym "work_schema"."C$"
              It seems to be related to the access of the DB Link.

It's on ODI 10g