This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2013 2:57 AM by Shivananda Rao RSS

Standby Redo logs - Deletion

980668 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Friends;
Please help me on this.

1. My Primary DB is running on (10.2.0.3). I created a standby DB to it. When creating the standby I created standby redologs in both the dbs.(complete system worked fine)
2. We needed to switch the stand by db to primary and connect apps. (for a test) And we did it.
3. Now we need to recreate the standby db again. So do i need to drop and recreate these standby redologs from primary again or can i use the existing standby logfiles?
If i should drop and recreate them how can i do (steps) ?

Regards
Vish
  • 1. Re: Standby Redo logs - Deletion
    CKPT Guru
    977665 wrote:
    Hi Friends;
    Please help me on this.

1. My Primary DB is running on (10.2.0.3). I created a standby DB to it. When creating the standby I created standby redologs in both the dbs.(complete system worked fine)
    2. We needed to switch the stand by db to primary and connect apps. (for a test) And we did it.
    3. Now we need to recreate the standby db again. So do i need to drop and recreate these standby redologs from primary again or can i use the existing standby logfiles?

Regards
    Vish
    If you wants to drop your standby database, No need to drop standby redo logs from primary. You can use same. You have to take care to add add standby redo log files on new standby database if you use restore method.
    HTH.
  • 2. Re: Standby Redo logs - Deletion
    Shivananda Rao Guru
    Hello,
    3. Now we need to recreate the standby db again. So do i need to drop and recreate these standby redologs from primary again or can i use the existing standby >logfiles?
    No. You do not have to recreate the standby Redo logs on primary for re-creating the standby database. Moreover, Standby redo logs would be used on primary only after a role transition is done.

Regards,
    Shivananda

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points