This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2013 10:25 PM by vladodias RSS

lock on DB table due to polling adapter

941645 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
hi

I have a DB table trans_xml and around 9 BPEL services have DB pollers pointing to this table. Poller picks the rows which have a flag set as "COMPLETE" and update it to "SENT". I have used logical delete.
Recently Our unix box restarted. now i can not update the flag column on this table as SENT. it automatically reverts back it to "COMPLETE". Although I am able to perform following tasks on this table
- insert a row
-delete a row
-update any other column
- update above specified column with any other value Except "SENT"

Please note that i am not able to update this column by any means as in writing update query from sql plus or through procedure or through this polling adapter.
It does not show any specific error and I have checked there are no locks at DB side.

Please help me with this issue. I am struggling with this from last 4 days.
  • 1. Re: lock on DB table due to polling adapter
    Arik Expert
    Hi,

Try to reset the datasource.
    (On WL console go to your datasource->control)

Arik
  • 2. Re: lock on DB table due to polling adapter
    vladodias Guru
    Poller picks the rows which have a flag set as "COMPLETE" and update it to "SENT"
    i can not update the flag column on this table as SENT. it automatically reverts back it to "COMPLETE"
    That's really weird... It seems like BPEL is rolling back... You probably won't see this effect for new rows, can you confirm?

I think you should undeploy the composite, update the database as you want and then deploy the composite again... This should prevent BPEL to "undo" what you're doing...

Cheers,
    Vlad
  • 3. Re: lock on DB table due to polling adapter
    941645 Newbie
    Hi vladodias

This behavior is visible for even newly inserted rows. And BPEL is not rolling back because after picking rows from DB further this BPEL is supposed to insert another row in same table which is happening.
    So it is not rolling back complete transaction it only rolling back the rows picked by poller.
    and yes i have tried this thing like redeploying the BPEL process and even restarting the OAS(I am using soa 10g).
    when the OAS server is down then i can update the row but As soon as i restarted the server this problem started again.
  • 4. Re: lock on DB table due to polling adapter
    vladodias Guru
    9 BPEL services have DB pollers pointing to this table
    undeploy them one by one until you find the guilty... if that doesn't do undeploy the dbadapter... at least you will know where the problem is...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points