This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2013 12:41 AM by Deprecated RSS

Calendar Server 6.3 reminders - General Error: caldb: PR_GetHostByName fail

Deprecated Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello.

Event Notification Server is not working on my old Calendar Server 6.3*. I'm getting a lot of errors like these every second:

[29/Jan/2013:14:40:53 +0100] calendar1 csnotifyd[28556]: General Error: caldb: PR_GetHostByName failed

Any thoughts?

Thank you very much.

*Sun Java(tm) System Calendar Server 6.3-20.01 (built Oct 23 2009)
SunOS calendar1 5.10 Generic_137112-03 i86pc i386 i86pc
  • 1. Re: Calendar Server 6.3 reminders - General Error: caldb: PR_GetHostByName fail
    dbirdman-Oracle Explorer
    Hi,

This could indicate a network or DNS problem. Has something recently changed in the deployment environment?

Other things to check:

Any errors in the other logs? (admin log, watcher log, etc.)
    Are all Calendar processes running?
    Has anything crashed and/or left a core file?
    Have you tried stopping and restarting the server?

See the following documentation for additional troubleshooting and information on what data to gather in the event you need to open a Support Request:

Calendar Server 6.3 Administration Guide - Chapter 22 Troubleshooting Calendar Server 6.3 Software
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19566-01/819-4654/acals/index.html

Gathering Debug Data for Sun Java System Calendar Server
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19305-01/820-0374/6nc4ajmc2/index.html

-Deb
  • 2. Re: Calendar Server 6.3 reminders - General Error: caldb: PR_GetHostByName fail
    Deprecated Newbie
    Thank you, Deb. I'm sorry, I should have provided more information. Anyway your answer helped me out. Because of the "GetHostByName failed" I thought it couldn't resolver the calendar DNS name, but it was in /etc/hosts. I've seen in watcher.log that the DNS name it couldn't resolve was the mail server one. I fixed it, restarted Calendar services and now it's working. :)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points