4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2013 12:34 PM by kanna RSS

Does anybody have SampleApp Full version RPD and catalog for OBIEE11.1.1.5?

kanna
      Hello Everyone,

I want to download the full version of SampleAPP RPD and catalog for OBIEE 11.1.1.5. I know that we can download the sampleApp 107 VB image files and setup a new system but I don't have enough system resources to do this.

If there is any other alternative way where I can download/extract/import only RPD and Catalog instead of doing the whole setup, please let me know.

Thanks
      Kanna

Edited by: Kanna on Jan 29, 2013 12:22 PM
        • 1. Re: Does anybody have SampleApp Full version RPD and catalog for OBIEE11.1.1.5?
          Srini VEERAVALLI
          Check this
          http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/bi-foundation/obiee-samples-167534.html
          • 2. Re: Does anybody have SampleApp Full version RPD and catalog for OBIEE11.1.1.5?
            kanna
            HI Srini,

Thanks for the response ... as mentioned in my post I am only looking for RPD and catalog and not the whole setup.
            When I downloaded the installation files and extracted it I see the following folders:

analyticsRes
            CustomStyles
            FMW_Users_Definition
            metadatadict
            SampleAppBIPFiles
            SampleAppFiles
            SampleAppWebcat
            wlst_scripts

Out of the above folders i can get the SampleAppWebcat which is what I am looking for.

However, I can't find the RPD in these folders but the folder "metadatadict" has a subfolder "SampleApp_BI0001" and there are multiple folders and xml files in this folder.

Now my question is how can I convert these XML files into RPD?. Please help.

Thanks
            Kanna
            • 3. Re: Does anybody have SampleApp Full version RPD and catalog for OBIEE11.1.1.5?
              Srini VEERAVALLI
              Open the Administration Tool
              Select File | Open | MDS XML… from the file menu or click the green folder from the file menu icons.
              Select the root folder that you previously used to create the MDS XML. For example, C:\_Book\TennisRPD. The interface should select the directory last used for MDS XML activity.
              Enter the repository password. For example, Admin123
              Click the Use Source Control option on the Source Control prompt that appears.
              Click the Browse… button in the Source Control prompt that just appeared to select the artofbi-git-scm.xml file that you created in a previous section.
              Click the OK button. The metadata repository will now open in the Administration Tool.

Appreciate if you mark as correct
              • 4. Re: Does anybody have SampleApp Full version RPD and catalog for OBIEE11.1.1.5?
                kanna
                HI Srini,

Thanks for the quick reply...

When I open the admin tool and click the open MDS XML and the browse this folder "SampleApp_BI0001" it is throwing an error saying that it is not a valid MDS XUDML directory.

can you tell me what is that I am doing wrong here. And also wanted to tell you that I did nt create any MDS XML directory previously.

Thanks,
                Kanna