1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 30, 2013 12:34 AM by kortchnoi RSS

Problem doing partial refresh (pull) of HTML region

In my application, I have a page where on the left I have a list of documents and, on the right, selected document in PDF format.

The right region is defined as HTML:
      <object id="DataPDF" data="f?p=&APP_ID.:18:&APP_SESSION.:APPLICATION_PROCESS=odp_show_doc::::" type="application/pdf"></object>
      The function odp_show_doc gets PDF document from a web service and returns a PDF BLOB that fills the region.

However, to refresh the region with valid document data, I have to resubmit the page each time the user selects a new document.

To refresh the page partially (only the PDF region), I have tried to use Carl Backstrom's example (http://apex.oracle.com/pls/otn/f?p=11933:48) to pull the PDF content from another page, but to no avail.

I have defined another page (2) with a region that does the job. When I go directly on that page, I see the PDF region filling. But when I try to pull the same page with the code
      var gReturn; 
      var get=new htmldb_Get(null,html_GetElement('pFlowId').value,null, 2); 
      get.addParam('P0_NUM_DOC_GED', numDocGed); 
      gReturn = get.get(null,'<htmldb:BOX_BODY>','</htmldb:BOX_BODY>');  
      I get the following error:
            <title>404 Not Found</title>
            <h1>Not Found</h1>
            <p>The requested URL /pls/apex/wwv_flow.show was not found.</p>
      In this case, the odp_show_doc is never called (I have added some debug info in this ODP function).

Has anyone an idea of what I am doing wrong and what correction should I do to make this pull work?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Problem doing partial refresh (pull) of HTML region
          Well... It seems to work directly on the machine, if I use the following URL when calling the application:
          However, when I call the application from outside with the URL
          , pulling the region based on on-demand-process results in:
          The requested URL /pls/apex/wwv_flow.show was not found
          Pulling an ordinary report is OK.