1. Suppose, we have around 100 employees join 1 JAN 2012 and x_elmeent is attached with every employee but the amount to be processed through fast formula base on grade if he/she is confirmed will get an amount otherwise pay value would be 0.
2. I run payroll from Jan 2012 to DEC-2012.
3. In Jan-2013 it was informed by payroll department that all the above 100 employee of joining 1-jan-2012 has been confirmed from 06-MAY-2012. Therefore we need to pay amount from 06-MAY-2012 to continue till service which would be calculated through formula base on grade either previous arrear or monthly bases.
4. I created an element for X_element_Retro.
5. I linked the element with employee to whom i require to give arrears.
6.I linked the element x_element_Retro to the original basic salary through the Recalculation Tab in the element description form with
the following details:
component : Standard -Reprocess
Retropay Elements : Start of Time-End of Time - x_elmeent_Retro
7. I defined Assignment set including employee who is being given the arrears.
8. I date tracked from Jan-2013 to 06-MAY-2012 and change basic salary value from old_x_amount to new_x_amount in element entry form of that employee and saved the record as retro pay behavior.
----- Case ------
We Have problem here, because neither we fix the amount not to enter manual for 100 of employee which is very time consuming activity.
Secondly, the amount would be remained same for next payroll on word because system will not run formula if the pay value defined under the assignment element entry form. So it’s mean we have to again remove pay value for each employee by manually.
If you can get a technical staff member to write you a procedure/function based on the element entry API, you can load all of the basic salary changes through excel. I think the API is PAY_ELEMENT_ENTRY_API.
Using the standard Retro pay calculation will be the best way to achive your requirement.
As per your requirement you mentioned that based on the confirmation date ceratin arrear need to be processed. In order to achieve this functionality you need to
1. Add the user_person_type filed and table in your retro group so that retro process can pick the change in person type
2. Define the arrear element and attach to the standard element (which I seem you have already done)
Now when you run the retro process it will identify the even and process the arrear automatically.
Also, you can achieve this as stated by one of the post by creating a fresh element and create you function which will do all the calculations as per your requirement and calculate the payout amount.
if you read the last poing of my fisrt post then there i mentioned the date tracke which changed from jan -2013 to may2012, it's mean we have to enter enter corrected value like 50,30,100 etc, but we want to calculated it by formula on the bases of grade.