This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2013 8:44 AM by 973520 RSS

404 error on taskflow return activity saying uri not found

973520 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have created an ADF application for human task.

On completion of human task i am calling updateTaskOutcome to update the action on the task and returning from the task flow. But i am getting the following error.

Error 404--Not Found
The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI

jdev: 11.1.1.3
SOA: 11.1.1.3
weblogic: 10.3

Any help on this is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Pradeep
  • 1. Re: 404 error on taskflow return activity saying uri not found
    Frank Nimphius Employee ACE
    Hi,

does the return URL work if you add it directly to the browser URL field? If not, what is the difference between this URL and one that works (e.g. missing Java EE path ?)

Frank
  • 2. Re: 404 error on taskflow return activity saying uri not found
    973520 Newbie
    1. If i open the task form in new browser, from URL i can see it contains the parentURL.
    2. When i return from taskflow, it guess should return to parentURL. But do i need to mention this anywhere.
    3. For your question, the return URL is not working in separate browser window also.
  • 3. Re: 404 error on taskflow return activity saying uri not found
    Shah Explorer
    Hi User,

I assume to get return from the taskflow based on Human Task , you might have used the "closeTaskflow" outcome.

Just let me know the steps you have followed to do this activity, starting after creating the taskflow based on Human Task.

Regards,
    Shah
  • 4. Re: 404 error on taskflow return activity saying uri not found
    973520 Newbie
    Hi shah,

Requirement i have is to develo the ADF application for an human task and integrate with BPEL human task manually instead of creating ADF project based on .task file.

1. I have developed the ADF application.
    2. Added all the required libraries to UI project for BPEL integration.
    3. defined the required and predefined managed beans and parameters in the taskflow.
    4. In managed bean code, retrieved the task id from pageflow scope, using which I got the context and payload.
    5. When user clicks any action like cancel or save from the UI page, i have commited the data and called the "closeTaskFlow".

On click of any action, the task is getting updated properly in the BPEL but page is navigating to 404 error.

Let me know if you need any other information

Thanks,
    Pradeep
  • 5. Re: 404 error on taskflow return activity saying uri not found
    Shah Explorer
    Hi User,

From your reply, it seems that you have added the parameters and managed bean in the Taskflow Manually.

Ensure these things are on the place :-

1 ) define the TaskFlow Finalizer as this :- #{invokeActionBean.invokeScript}
    2 ) Taskflow return activity should be mapped to the Wild Card and outcome should be closeTaskflow.

If these things are on the place then you should post the code snippet of the button by which you are closing the taskflow.

Regards,
    Shah
  • 6. Re: 404 error on taskflow return activity saying uri not found
    973520 Newbie
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have already done and I made sure that i did the items you said once again. I still see the same issue

Here is the code snippet for Cancel action.
    /////////////////////
    oracle.bpel.services.workflow.worklist.adf.InvokeActionBean invokeActionBean = (InvokeActionBean)ADFUtils.evaluateEL("#{invokeActionBean}");
    invokeActionBean.setFinalizerJavaScriptName("reloadParentBrowser");
    String worklistContextToken = (String)JSFUtils.getFromPageFlow("bpmWorklistContext");
    getTaskService().updateTaskOutcome(getWorkflowContext(worklistContextToken), task, "CANCEL");
    return "closeTaskFlow";
    /////////////////////
    On returning the closeTaskFlow, 404 error occurs.

Thanks,
    Pradeep

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points