This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2013 11:34 PM by 454278 RSS

Error Loading on target instance

454278 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I'm trying to evaluate iSetup for our implementaiton. I extracted some FND Data (Users) and now want to load it on the target instance. Howver, I'm getting the below error in the target Instance:

AZR12LOADER module: iSetup R12 Loader
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current system time is 30-JAN-2013 10:39:05

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error while loading apis
oracle.apps.fnd.common.AppsException: oracle.apps.fnd.common.PoolException: Not able to create new database connection: FND     at oracle.apps.fnd.profiles.Profiles.getProfileOption(Profiles.java:1509)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.profiles.Profiles.getProfile(Profiles.java:362)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.profiles.ExtendedProfileStore.getSpecificProfileFromDB(ExtendedProfileStore.java:211)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.profiles.ExtendedProfileStore.getSpecificProfile(ExtendedProfileStore.java:171)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.profiles.ExtendedProfileStore.getProfile(ExtendedProfileStore.java:148)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.common.logging.DebugEventManager.configureUsingDatabaseValues(DebugEventManager.java:1294)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.common.logging.DebugEventManager.configureLogging(DebugEventManager.java:1149)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.common.logging.DebugEventManager.internalReinit(DebugEventManager.java:1118)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.common.logging.DebugEventManager.reInitialize(DebugEventManager.java:1085)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.common.logging.DebugEventManager.reInitialize(DebugEventManager.java:1072)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.common.AppsLog.reInitialize(AppsLog.java:595)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.common.AppsContext.initLog(AppsContext.java:602)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.common.AppsContext.initializeContext(AppsContext.java:579)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.common.AppsContext.initializeContext(AppsContext.java:533)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.common.AppsContext.<init>(AppsContext.java:301)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.common.WebAppsContext.<init>(WebAppsContext.java:1147)
     at oracle.apps.az.r12.util.ConnectionUtil.createContextFromDBCFile(ConnectionUtil.java:328)
     at oracle.apps.az.r12.util.ConnectionUtil.getAppsContext(ConnectionUtil.java:151)
     at oracle.apps.az.r12.common.cpserver.AZTransaction.createConnections(AZTransaction.java:143)
     at oracle.apps.az.r12.common.cpserver.AZTransaction.<init>(AZTransaction.java:111)
     at oracle.apps.az.r12.common.cpserver.AZContextImpl.<init>(AZContextImpl.java:139)
     at oracle.apps.az.r12.loader.cpserver.LoaderCp.runProgram(LoaderCp.java:63)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.cp.request.Run.main(Run.java:157)
Caused by: oracle.apps.fnd.common.PoolException: Not able to create new database connection: FND     at oracle.apps.fnd.security.DBConnObj.<init>(DBConnObj.java:255)
     at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
     at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
     at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
     at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.common.Pool.createObject(Pool.java:1273)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.common.Pool.borrowObject(Pool.java:1027)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.security.DBConnObjPool.borrowObject(DBConnObjPool.java:584)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.security.AppsConnectionManager.borrowConnection(AppsConnectionManager.java:330)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.common.Context.borrowConnection(Context.java:1719)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.common.AppsContext.getPrivateConnectionFinal(AppsContext.java:2314)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.common.AppsContext.getPrivateConnection(AppsContext.java:2251)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.common.AppsContext.getJDBCConnection(AppsContext.java:2108)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.common.AppsContext.getJDBCConnection(AppsContext.java:1918)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.common.AppsContext.getJDBCConnection(AppsContext.java:1762)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.common.AppsContext.getJDBCConnection(AppsContext.java:1775)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.common.Context.getJDBCConnection(Context.java:1453)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.cache.GenericCacheLoader.load(GenericCacheLoader.java:170)
     at oracle.apps.fnd.profiles.Profiles.getProfileOption(Profiles.java:1500)
     ... 22 more

I have 2 instances VISI1 and VISI2. I have placed VISI2.dbc under VISI1's $FND_SECURE and vice-versa. The extract on VISI1 is working fine. I have also updated the sqlnet.ora file on both the instances for the below parameters:
#iSetup
tcp.validnode_checking=yes
tcp.invited_nodes=(<host for VISI1>,<host for VISI2>)

It is a single node install, and the DB is not RAC. EBS Version is R12.1.3. I have also verified that I can connect to the target database (using sqlplus) from the source database.

Any pointers on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Ashish
  • 1. Re: Error Loading on target instance
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director
    After making the sqlnet.ora changes, have you bounced the listeners for the changes to take effect ? Does this process succeed if you turn off tcp.validnode_checking ?

HTH
    Srini
  • 2. Re: Error Loading on target instance
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Please see (Oracle.Apps.Fnd.Common.Poolexception: Not Able To Create New Database Connection [ID 1434807.1]).

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 3. Re: Error Loading on target instance
    454278 Newbie
    Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I had bounced the listener after making the changes, and have also tested by setting the validnode_checking to no. But I still get the same error. Is there any other settings, or any other way to debug this?
    If the source instance is able to submit the loader program in the target instance, does it not mean that the .dbc file and connection details are correct?

Thanks,
    Ashish
  • 4. Re: Error Loading on target instance
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director
    If tcp.validnode_checking is set to NO (and you bounced the listeners on both instances), you should not be getting this error.

HTH
    Srini
  • 5. Re: Error Loading on target instance
    Ashish Srivastava wrote:
    Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I had bounced the listener after making the changes, and have also tested by setting the validnode_checking to no. But I still get the same error. Is there any other settings, or any other way to debug this?
    If the source instance is able to submit the loader program in the target instance, does it not mean that the .dbc file and connection details are correct?

Thanks,
    Ashish
    Please post the contents of sqlnet_ifile.ora file here.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 6. Re: Error Loading on target instance
    454278 Newbie
    Please see the details below. I have bounced the listeners on both the instances

VISI121C:db:~> cd $TNS_ADMIN
    VISI121C:db:/u01/oracle/db/tech_st/11.1.0/network/admin/VISI121C> more sqlnet.ora
    ###############################################################
    #
    # This file is automatically generated by AutoConfig. It will be read and
    # overwritten. If you were instructed to edit this file, or if you are not
    # able to use the settings created by AutoConfig, refer to Metalink Note
    # 387859.1 for assistance.
    #
    #$Header: NetServiceHandler.java 120.19.12010000.6 2010/03/09 08:11:36 jmajumde ship $
    #
    ###############################################################

NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH=(TNSNAMES, ONAMES, HOSTNAME)
    SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME= 10
    SQLNET.INBOUND_CONNECT_TIMEOUT =60
    DIAG_ADR_ENABLED=ON
    ADR_BASE=/u01/oracle/db/tech_st/11.1.0/admin/VISI121C
    SEC_USER_AUDIT_ACTION_BANNER = /u01/oracle/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/template/txkDBSecUserAuditActionBanner.txt
    #iSetup
    tcp.validnode_checking=no
    tcp.invited_nodes=(<host1>,<host2>)

IFILE=/u01/oracle/db/tech_st/11.1.0/network/admin/VISI121C/sqlnet_ifile.ora

VISI121C:db:/u01/oracle/db/tech_st/11.1.0/network/admin/VISI121C> more /u01/oracle/db/tech_st/11.1.0/network/admin/VISI121C/sqlnet_ifile.ora

VISI121C:db:/u01/oracle/db/tech_st/11.1.0/network/admin/VISI121C>

The sqlnet_ifle.ora is empty.
  • 7. Re: Error Loading on target instance
    EBSDBA Expert
    Hi Asish,

tcp.validnode_checking=no
    You must change it to
    tcp.validnode_checking=yes

Because tcp.invited_nodes is only valid when tcp.validnode_checking is set to yes.

And also please set it on both the nodes. And if poosible bounce the Database as well.

It it does'nt work, please IP addreses in addition to host names.

Thanks
  • 8. Re: Error Loading on target instance
    In addition to the above, please see the settings in (11.5.10 New Features : Managed SQL*Net Access from Hosts [ID 291897.1]).

Please make sure you update the sqlnet_ifile.ora file with the new settings instead of the network files so your setting will not be lost next time you run AutoConfig.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 9. Re: Error Loading on target instance
    454278 Newbie
    My Instance mapping seems to be working now. I am able to load to the target instance.
    Interestingly, I have commented out both the lines in the sqlnet.ora file and it still seems to work :) My guess is it was a DBC file issue, plus we bounced both the instances (middle tier + db).

Thank you all for your efforts in helping with this issue.

Thanks,
    Ashish

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points