This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2013 9:31 AM by Brandye Barrington RSS

Are there any discounts for Oracle employees

988096 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi

I'm gonna take OCPJP 6: 1Z0-851 exam very soon. I do not have voutcher yet.

Are there any discounts for Oracle employees? Where do I get more information on this topic?

thx.
  • 1. Re: Are there any discounts for Oracle employees
    matthew_morris Expert
    Are there any discounts for Oracle employees? Where do I get more information on this topic?
    I haven't worked for Oracle for several years, but there were when I did. The details are fuzzy. I know that they reimbursed the cost of the exam (if you passed). Seems like there was also an upfront discount as well. Most of the exams I took while I was an employee they actually had Prometric come in to build a lab in our building for a day for mass testing of employees, so there was never any money out of pocket at all.

I don't have access to the Oracle intranet anymore and don't know how it's changed in the intervening years. The employee handbook is probably the first place I'd check, under benefits.
  • 2. Re: Are there any discounts for Oracle employees
    988096 Newbie
    In employee handbook I found some info about Reimbursement but not discounts on exams
  • 3. Re: Are there any discounts for Oracle employees
    matthew_morris Expert
    ...but not discounts on exams
    Yep -- I would have expected the reimbursement data in the handbook to be generic -- it covers all education after all. As I indicated in the initial post, I cannot recall if there was a discount. Been something on the order of eight years since I took an Oracle cert while at Oracle. Any data about Oracle employee discounts on the vouchers will likely be somewhere on Oracle's intranet, which I can't search for you. Brandye, the forum admin, is the only Oracle employee I know of that frequents this forum.

That said, unless you fail the test, a discount matters little. You pay $200 for the test, you get reimbursed $200 a month later. You pay $150 for the test, you get reimbursed $150 a month later.
  • 4. Re: Are there any discounts for Oracle employees
    988096 Newbie
    Yes that is true about reimbursement may be irrelevant for an employee. But reimbursment is relevant for team's budget as I heard. But I'm not 100% sure.
    One other thing is, sometimes you are not entitled to get reimbursement, ie job role is not aligned with exam, and You would simply like to get nice discount as You pay Your self.
  • 5. Re: Are there any discounts for Oracle employees
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    Oracle Employees can go to my.oracle.com>Oracle University>Certification>Get Certified>Employees to access discount information. You will need to check with your manager to determine if s/he will approve reimbursement.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points