8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 10:04 AM by HamidHelal RSS

FRM-18130

user11938516
      Hi,

We've installed the latest developer build of Oracle forms 11.1.2.1 on a Windows 7 machine running Weblogic server 10.1.3.5 and we are looking to upgrade our Oracle 10g (10.1.2.3) forms.

However every form we open displays the error 'FRM-18130' the form then appears to open in the builder okay changes can be made, the form compiled and saved in the 11G builder with no problems but the next time it is opened the same 'FRM-18130' error pops-up?

I've tried searching on the error but I'm not finding a lot, any ideas are very welcome.

Many Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time out to help with this!

Cheers

Matt
        • 2. Re: FRM-18130
          user11938516
          Thanks, I'd already seen that thread and that doesn't help. We haven't migrated from 6i, the forms have been developed straight in 10G, we are opening them in the builder and we don't use WIN_API coomands that I'm aware of.

As previously mentioned the forms compile okay, run and save from the 11G builder but still every time they are reopened the 'FRM-18130' message appears.

Thanks
          • 3. Re: FRM-18130
            CraigB
            Matt,
            Have you converted your dependent objects (eg: .pll, .olb, .mmb, template.fmb, etc) to 11g? This error it typical when you have a dependent object that has not been converted to the version of Forms you are using.

Craig...
            • 4. Re: FRM-18130
              user11938516
              Hi Craig,

I created the folder on the Win 7 pc with all the forms, libraries, menus etc from a folder on a test 11gr2 server where everything has already been successfully compiled (albeit on Oracle linux)...Will I need to recompile all on a windows machine? or shouldn't it matter?

Thanks

Matt
              • 5. Re: FRM-18130
                HamidHelal
                user11938516 wrote:
                Hi Craig,

I created the folder on the Win 7 pc with all the forms, libraries, menus etc from a folder on a test 11gr2 server where everything has already been successfully compiled (albeit on Oracle linux)...Will I need to recompile all on a windows machine? or shouldn't it matter?
                Hay Matt,
                If your development is in Windows environment and app. server is different environment, then you need to recompile in that environment. App. server has compiler.

Hope this helps

Hamid
                • 6. Re: FRM-18130
                  CraigB
                  Matt,
                  In your Windows environment you will still need to have upgraded all of your dependent objects to Forms 11g. If you will run forms from the Forms Builder, then you will need Forms executables that have been compiled on Windows.

Binaries (.fmb, .pll, .mmb, etc) are platform independent but the executables (.fmx, .plx, .mmx, etc) are not. They must be compiled on the platform where they will run.

Craig...
                  • 7. Re: FRM-18130
                    user11938516
                    That makes sense, everything will need recompiling in the Windows enviroment. Thanks!
                    • 8. Re: FRM-18130
                      HamidHelal
                      Please remember to mark helpful and correct post.