This content has been marked as final. Show 7 replies
961664 wrote:You need to disable and enable channels when you update the local yum system. On mine, I have the same setup, but all of my local repos are set to enabled=0 (so that the mirror script doesn't try to mirror itself). Then, when I want to upgrade the yum server itself, I run:
Afterwards I tried to do a yum update of my repo server and that looked like it attempted to hit every channel the server is subscribed to incuding el4.X el5.X and el6.X. To get around this I created a Base-ULN.repo file in /etc/yum.repos.d to point at my local mirror (itself)
That disables all the repositories that are connected via ULN, but re-enables the local OL6 copy. Note that you must have different repo names for the local repositories to the ones that come from ULN.
# yum upgrade --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=local-ol6_x86_64_latest
See if that helps you out.
961664 wrote:I suspect that given your previous run with the wrong repos installed, you've managed to get the wrong packages installed, i.e. an ol4, ol6 or ovm package on ol5. Can you do an rpm -qa and look for packages with a version that doesn't match your base distro? You may have to manually clean this up, unfortunately.
That works as far as updating the local system but I'm still getting the error above when running the mirror script to download all of my subscribed channels for local systems to update from.
I'm not seeing anything that looks out of place
[root@localhsot ~]# rpm -qa | grep el5
[root@localhost ~]# rpm -qa | grep el4
[root@ocalhost ~]# rpm -qa | grep ol4
[root@ocalhost ~]# rpm -qa | grep ol5
I never actually installed any updates from the other repos the yum command failed long before that phase.
Edited by: 961664 on Oct 3, 2012 2:36 PM
I just saw your post. I bet you already opened a SR, but if you didn't I had the same problem.
Anyway, a long time ago, I went into /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/
I edited rhnplugin.conf
This is the original
enabled = 1
gpgcheck = 1
This is mine
enabled = 0
gpgcheck = 1
The reason was I wanted to update the yum repo box with the latest patches against the local repo that I had used the script to create.
I never wrote the file back to turn on the plugin after I updated the box.
I hope this helps someone.