This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 28 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2013 9:07 PM by EBSDBA Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: All Reports are failing with error in R12
    EBSDBA Expert
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi,
    Yes please, run autoconfig and then logout of all the sessions.
    Then bounce the application services.

Thanks
  • 16. Re: All Reports are failing with error in R12
    984624 Newbie
    Hi,

thanks , sure i will do that , but now i cant do, there are consultants working on this instance , i will do it tomorrow and let you know the status.

regards

Mapps
  • 17. Re: All Reports are failing with error in R12
    EBSDBA Expert
    Hi,

You are welcome. Is the IX_ variable returning correct value now?

And Also please don't forget to mark the replies as helpful / correct ;)

Thanks
  • 18. Re: All Reports are failing with error in R12
    984624 Newbie
    Hi ,

I made the changes in ./ad/12.0.0/admin/template/custom/APPLSYS_ux.env file by pointing to correct path of all the three variables.

shut down application and ran autoconfig and restarted application services -> tested active users report ---> same error which is in my first post

i have tested by passing echo all are pointing to correct path.

But when i run concurrent program "Generate concurrent processing environment information" in that IX_PRINTING(only) showing path of PROD. ( it is not showing correct path)

please note that now i can run custom reports . only stardard reports are failing

thanks

Mapps
  • 19. Re: All Reports are failing with error in R12
    984624 Newbie
    Hi all,

i just checked again which type of reporting completing normal , all XML reports are completing normal .. But text and pdf reports are failing (i tested by changing the format of 'active user' to XML it is completing normal )

help needed

thanks

Mappps
  • 20. Re: All Reports are failing with error in R12
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    I made the changes in ./ad/12.0.0/admin/template/custom/APPLSYS_ux.env file by pointing to correct path of all the three variables.

shut down application and ran autoconfig and restarted application services -> tested active users report ---> same error which is in my first post

i have tested by passing echo all are pointing to correct path.

But when i run concurrent program "Generate concurrent processing environment information" in that IX_PRINTING(only) showing path of PROD. ( it is not showing correct path)

please note that now i can run custom reports . only stardard reports are failing
    It must be set in one env file (or more) or in the .bash_profile.

Fonts Not Displayed in expected format Properly, When Reports Output Displayed In Post Script [ID 557781.1]
    How to Setup IX Library Quickly and Effectively [ID 728077.1]

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 21. Re: All Reports are failing with error in R12
    984624 Newbie
    Hi Hussein,

i followed "Fonts Not Displayed in expected format Properly, When Reports Output Displayed In Post Script [ID 557781.1]"

and added IX_REPORTING and IX_RENDERING in custom env file . and bounced CM, still "Generate concurrent processing environment information" in that IX_PRINTING(only) showing path of PROD"

where can i find the entries of IX_PRINTING in all other env's

because i already changed in ./ad/12.0.0/admin/template/custom/APPLSYS_ux.env to correct path.

will it cause any problem if we have same entries in both custom env and <CONTEXT_NAME>.env( this file also has locations of IX_RENDERING , IX_PRINTING )

thanks

Mapps
  • 22. Re: All Reports are failing with error in R12
    and added IX_REPORTING and IX_RENDERING in custom env file . and bounced CM, still "Generate concurrent processing environment information" in that IX_PRINTING(only) showing path of PROD"

where can i find the entries of IX_PRINTING in all other env's
    Please add the "export IX_PRINTING=<correct path>" line in adcmctl.sh script and bounce the CM then run the concurrent program and see if you can reproduce the issue -- [ID 816879.1]

Please also see:

Oracle EBS Postscript Format Request Generate Wild Code For Chinese Character [ID 1109994.1]
    because i already changed in ./ad/12.0.0/admin/template/custom/APPLSYS_ux.env to correct path.

will it cause any problem if we have same entries in both custom env and <CONTEXT_NAME>.env( this file also has locations of IX_RENDERING , IX_PRINTING )
    No.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 23. Re: All Reports are failing with error in R12
    984624 Newbie
    Hi Hussein and all,

i followed
    Please add the "export IX_PRINTING=<correct path>" line in adcmctl.sh script and bounce the CM then run the concurrent program

and i found that there is entry for IX_PRINTING ponting to path of PROD , i changed and bounced the CM and retested issue but no help, again i bounced application and database . and retested the report "Generate concurrent processing environment information" IX_PRINTING pointing to path of PROD , All other are ok.

and again i checked in $ADMIN_SCRIPTS_HOME one more script "gsmstart.sh" --- IX_PRINTING was pointing to path of PROD , i changed there tooo , and bounced the CM,and retested by submitting "Active Users" report and it ran successfully.

thank you very much .

Regards

Mapps

Edited by: 981621 on Jan 30, 2013 6:44 AM
  • 24. Re: All Reports are failing with error in R12
    984624 Newbie
    Hi Hussein and all,

What do you think why this reports issue came ? It happened only after i change password of apps.

regards

Mapps
  • 25. Re: All Reports are failing with error in R12
    981621 wrote:
    Hi Hussein and all,

What do you think why this reports issue came ? It happened only after i change password of apps.

regards

Mapps
    I assume you ran AutoConfig after changing the apps password.

Do you have the latest AutoConfig patches applied?

What if you run AutoConfig again, does the path change to PROD in those scripts?

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 26. Re: All Reports are failing with error in R12
    984624 Newbie
    Hi Hussein,

Yes i ran autoconfig after changing the password and only on Application tier.

I have not yet changed on Production,
    because production environment is 11.2.0.2 with RAC two instances and EBS R12.1.3 with shared APPL_TOP with PCP ,

shall i run autoconfig on all the nodes after changing apps password . Can you give the order of autoconfig run in this environment

thanks

regards

Mapps
  • 27. Re: All Reports are failing with error in R12
    Yes i ran autoconfig after changing the password and only on Application tier.

I have not yet changed on Production,
    because production environment is 11.2.0.2 with RAC two instances and EBS R12.1.3 with shared APPL_TOP with PCP ,

shall i run autoconfig on all the nodes after changing apps password . Can you give the order of autoconfig run in this environment
    Change the password from one of the application tier nodes, then run AutoConfig on all database tier nodes then on all application tier nodes and make sure it completes successfully on each node.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 28. Re: All Reports are failing with error in R12
    EBSDBA Expert
    Hi,
    thanks
    In addition to Mr. Hussein's reply,if you are concerning about the order of running autoconfig. The order does not matter. I usually run autoconfig last on a node where web entry point services are installed.

Thanks
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points