I have R12 instance on one node say Node A (both application and database are on this server), now I want to move application to the second node Node B but the concurrent manager should remain on database node only i.e Node A.
Please let me know how to acheive it
I have done following steps:
1. Run adpreclone on apps tier <perl adpreclone.pl appsTier>
2. Copy application file system to Node B
3. Run adcfgclone.pl on Node <adcfgclone.pl appsTier>
But this way all the application services including Concurrent Services (CP) will be on Node B. I want to keep Database and Concurrent on same Node Node A
Sorry i got your question worng.
As you are on R12, You will get Unified APPL_TOP. If you want to run only concurrent manager on NODE A then you need to keep all the APPLICATION files on this node as well.
Sharing The Application Tier File System in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 [ID 384248.1]
Cloning Oracle Applications Release 12 with Rapid Clone [ID 406982.1] (Section 4: Option 3)
What you need to do is
1. Run pre clone on both the tiers (db and appl)
2. Copy the application tier to NODE B.
3. Run adcfgclone.pl for db Tier on Node A
4. Run adcfgclone.pl for appsTier on Node A, But choose "Enabled" for only Batch processing and Disabled for all other application services.
5. Run adcfgclone.pl for appsTier on Node B, But choose "Disabled" for only Batch processing and Enabled for all other application services.
I would suggest you to use shared APPL_TOP as maintenance will be easier, other wise you will have to do the same tasks like applying patches, upgrades on both the nodes.