This discussion is archived
11 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2013 2:13 AM by 891683 RSS

Name not found Exception

891683 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

when we are sending a transaction from EBS to SOA, we are getting below fault.

Non Recoverable System Fault :
Exception occured when binding was invoked. Exception occured during invocation of JCA binding: "JCA Binding execute of Reference operation 'AuthenticateTicket' failed due to: Could not create/access the TopLink Session. This session is used to connect to the datastore. Caused by Exception [EclipseLink-7060] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.1.2.v20101206-r8635): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.ValidationException Exception Description: Cannot acquire data source [EBizDataSource]. Internal Exception: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Unable to resolve 'EBizDataSource'. Resolved ''; remaining name 'EBizDataSource'. You may need to configure the connection settings in the deployment descriptor (i.e. DbAdapter.rar#META-INF/weblogic-ra.xml) and restart the server. This exception is considered not retriable, likely due to a modelling mistake. ". The invoked JCA adapter raised a resource exception. Please examine the above error message carefully to determine a resolution.

can any one explain me how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance...

Regards,
Sarala
  • 1. Re: Name not found Exception
    vladodias Guru
    Hi,

It's looking the jndi name 'EBizDataSource' and it's not finding... Make sure you have a datasource with that jndi name properly defined and active in WLS console...

Cheers,
    Vlad
  • 2. Re: Name not found Exception
    891683 Newbie
    Hi Vlad,

Thanks for reply..

this is the current status of data source "EBIZDataSource"

Name Sorted Ascending      Type      Server      State      Active Connections Average Count      Active Connections Current Count      Active Connections High Count

EBizDataSource          Generic     soa_server1     Running     0 0 0

The current status of connection factory "eis/DB/DbAdapterEbsAltrndomain" is

Outbound Connection Pool Sorted Ascending      Server      State      Current Connections      Created Connections

eis/DB/DbAdapterEbsAltrndomain      soa_server1     Running     1     1

What else i have to check, as I am not aware of this issue before?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Sarala
  • 3. Re: Name not found Exception
    vladodias Guru
    Check if the "jndi name" is exactly "EBizDataSource" case sensitive... Check also in the targets if it includes the server that you running, probably soa_server1...
  • 4. Re: Name not found Exception
    Nir Newbie
    Hi,

- Check correct DB schema name and password given to the Data Source (Services ->Data Sources->Configuration->Connection pool)

- Is this the first time you access to this data source?

- Check whether you have add the data source to Deployments -> Dbadapter and outbound connection pool correctly (correct spellings).

- Check the database timezone and the application server timezone whether both are the same.

Hope this helps..

Edited by: Nir on Jan 30, 2013 10:05 PM
  • 5. Re: Name not found Exception
    891683 Newbie
    Thanks for reply Vlad,

The jndi name configured properly as like xADataSourceName     jdbc/EBizDataSource.

The target server is soa-server1.

Wat else i have to configure?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Sarala
  • 6. Re: Name not found Exception
    891683 Newbie
    Hi Nir,
    Thanks for your reply.

I have checked all the above settings told by you.
    everything is correct.

Do i need to check anything else?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Sarala
  • 7. Re: Name not found Exception
    Nir Newbie
    Hi,

Is this the first time you are accessing this data source?

Try to create another test Data source (with less number of characters like EBSDS) try to access via that....

Thanks...
  • 8. Re: Name not found Exception
    Arik Expert
    Sarala,

Please check the following:

1. Do other DB's connections works?
    2. Can you run a simple bpel process that uses your EBizDataSource connection?
    3. Did it work in the past or it failed on the first run?
    4. Just to be sure - can you describe the steps of creating the conection in the WL (data source, conection pool etc...)

Thanks
    Arik
  • 9. Re: Name not found Exception
    891683 Newbie
    Hi Arik,

Thanks for your reply...

I am using only one DB.
    when i tested it before there were no issues.
    Creation of connection pool:
    -----------------------------------------
    Click on DB Adapter. It will open window for settings of DB Adapter.
    Select Configuration tab and then Outbound Connection pools tab. The window will open as below.
    add new instance by clicking on New tab.
    Check the option button for outbound Connection group and click next button and add the JNDI name ex: eis/DB/DbAdapterEbsAltrndomain.
    Click on finish, it opens a window with Path, Current Location and Deployment order. Click on save.

Creation of Data source:
    ------------------------------------
    On the home page of console, select data source.
    Create a new generic data source.
    Provide name and JNDI name and click on next.
    Select oracle driver (oracle driver for instance connection version 9.0.1 & later)>next.
    Click next on Transactions page.
    Provide all the details on connection properties page like database name, host name, port number, user id, and Password and click next.
    Click on test configuration, it displays message test connection succeeded. And click next.
    Select soa-server and click on finish.
    Data source is created.
    Go to summary of data sources.

After the data source i screated, go to deployments>db adapter>connection pool > add the jndi name of datasource like jdbc/EBizDataSource and click enter>save.

Regards,
    Sarala
    Select the data source>configuration >outbound connection pools>click on advanced>check the Test Connections on Reserve check box> save.
    Displays message like settings updated successfully.
  • 10. Re: Name not found Exception
    Arik Expert
    Hi,

It looks ok beside that you need to create the data source first (not sure it is a problem but still...)
    Can you create a simple bpel process and test the connection?

What you can do (just to be sure there is no corruption of the plan file) is recreate the DbAdapter - mark the DbAdapter deployment and delete it. After that create it again.
    You will have to create the connection pool again.

Arik
  • 11. Re: Name not found Exception
    891683 Newbie
    Thank u all!!!!
    it is working fine...
    I have updated the data source in AQ Adapter and restarted the server.

Regards,
    Sarala

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points