8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2013 7:51 AM by 979900 RSS

Accounting FlexField Security rules

Yasir.Oracle
      Hi,

I want to know is it possible that i create one Accounting FlexField Security Rules and assign to specific user / Responsibility ?

If is it possible plz let me know how is it possible?

Regards,
      Yasir
        • 1. Re: Accounting FlexField Security rules
          Hi,

Yes it is possible to create one Accounting flexfied and assigned to a particular Responsibility and user.

If you want the procedure , please go through the following link.

orafinappssetups.blogspot.com

Regards,
          Raju.
          • 2. Re: Accounting FlexField Security rules
            Yasir.Oracle
            Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. I do the same but i am facing some problems.

- There is only responsibility field in assign window if i want to assign this to user how can i do.
            - I define one security and exclude OU and assign to payable with one responsibility but when i enter invoice system not showing me error / Messge
            • 3. Re: Accounting FlexField Security rules
              Hi,

please recompile the accounting flexfield.

Did you enable security to value set and flexfield segments.

Edited by: 976897 on Jan 31, 2013 3:13 AM

Regards,
              Raju.

Edited by: 976897 on Jan 31, 2013 5:00 AM
              • 4. Re: Accounting FlexField Security rules
                Yasir.Oracle
                when i recompile the flexfield there is complete with error in log file

Oracle error 905: ORA-00905: missing keyword
                ORA-06512: at "SYSTEM.AD_DDL", line 165
                ORA-06512: at line 1 has been detected in afuddl() [3_xdd].
                do_ddl(APPLSYS, SQLGL, 2, $statement$, AASML VIEW): private_do_ddl(APPS, APPLSYS, GL, 2, $statement$, AASML VIEW): do_cd_view(0, APPS, 2, AASML VIEW, $statement$): : do_apps_ddl(APPS, $statement$): : substr($statement$,1,255)='CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW AASML VIEW
                (ROW_ID, CODE_COMBINATION_ID, COMPANY, OPERATING_UNIT, DEPARTMENT, GL_ACCOUNT, PRODUCT, PROJECT, INTERCOMPANY, FUTURE_USE, GL_ACCOUNT_TYPE, GL_CONTROL_ACCOUNT, RECONCILIATION_FLAG, DETAIL_BUDGETING_ALLOWED, DETAIL_POSTI'
                CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW AASML VIEW
                AS SELECT 'View generation has failed. Check log file for error messages' VIEW_HAS_FAILED_CHECK_LOG_FILE
                FROM SYS.DUAL
                • 5. Re: Accounting FlexField Security rules
                  Yasir.Oracle
                  Yes i only enable in OU value set
                  • 6. Re: Accounting FlexField Security rules
                    Hi,

Please do the flowing procedure.

1. Navigate to General Ledger->Setup->Financials->Flexfields->Key->Segments;

2. Query the Accounting flexfield or any other flexfield;

3. In the View Name column, enter the value without any spaces or special characters except '_'
                    The following is the condition for view name:
                    => Should begin with a letter
                    => Must not contain any characters other than letters, numbers, or underscores ( _ )
                    => Must not contain any spaces.

4. Recompile the flexfield structure.

Regards,
                    Raju.

Edited by: 976897 on Jan 31, 2013 5:00 AM
                    • 7. Re: Accounting FlexField Security rules
                      Yasir.Oracle
                      hi,

Thanks for your reply. Recompiled the flexfield structure completely. Again i am face the same issue when i enter the journal lines with select the OU which i execute its not show me any kind of message.

Please let me know how i do this and how i restrict by user?
                      • 8. Re: Accounting FlexField Security rules
                        Hi,

There is no way in the same Ledger, to prevent users from one operating unit via security rules, from changing cross validation rules for another operating unit. The only way to do this would to be create a separate Ledger for each operating unit. Since security rules prevent users from either viewing data or entering data in general, they do not pertain to set up issues such as creating cross validation rules. Therefore, the only other way to prevent one user from one organization from creating cross-validation rules to the other organization, when in the same Ledger, would be to completely remove that menu function from the user.

Regards,
                        Raju.

Edited by: 976897 on Jan 31, 2013 5:49 AM