This content has been marked as final. Show 8 replies
Please make sure that sshd is listening on that port.
check enteries in /etc/hosts file...
check below link for rac installation this will help you make ssh connectivity....
Check that whether rac1 and rac2 are able to ping each other or not. also check /etc/hosts file and result of hostname command
I got the error while trying to ssh from rac1 to rac2.=> Which version of RAC you are Installing?
Could not resolve hostname: Name or service not known
how can i fix this.?
1) Make sure that rac1 and rac2 are able to ping with each other.
2) Make sure no firewall in between this server
3) check /etc/hosts files contains proper values.
X A H E E R
1. Which version are you installing?
2. Did you cross check the prerequisites and certification matrix against it?
3. Please substitute the node names with appropriate values being used, and share the output:
./runcluvfy.sh stage -pre crsinst -n node1,node2,...node<n> -verbose
Check the following :
1. Certification Matrix for 11g R2 for OEL versions.
2. Any Firewall enabled
3. Before installing, check all the per-requisites
4. DNS configuration
5. Communication between RAC1 & RAC2 Machines
thanks for all replies.
Oracle 11g r2 grid infrastructure provides the ssh Setup utilty.
*./sshUserSetup.sh -user oracle -hosts "rac1 rac2" -advanced -noPromptPassphrase*
No such error after this ssh method.
Edited by: dba_sara on Jan 31, 2013 1:48 AM
Should we understand that your issue is resolved?