5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 2:45 PM by Munish RSS

forms 6i call reports

Munish
      Hi,

We have oracle forms 6i (6.0.8.8.0) calling reports 6i (client/server model).
      Reports background engine fails to come up and the form just hangs.... not sure what is going on.

Is there a trace? log? that can be turned on to see what is going on and what is not letting reports background engine to show up.

If I run reports stand alone, it works fine.

According to client, antivirus is turned off.

Thanks
      Munish
        • 1. Re: forms 6i call reports
          HamidHelal
          Munish wrote:
          Hi,

We have oracle forms 6i (6.0.8.8.0) calling reports 6i (client/server model).
          Reports background engine fails to come up and the form just hangs.... not sure what is going on.

Is there a trace? log? that can be turned on to see what is going on and what is not letting reports background engine to show up.
          Hi Munish

I have an alternate solution.
          just install the reports runtime and oracle net8 products in separate folder
          then just configure the TNS and check

Hope this helps

Hamid
          • 2. Re: forms 6i call reports
            Munish
            Hi,
            Nope that didnt do the trick.

I am thinking client must be running some software or something that is blocking the forms to call reports.
            Is there a trace that can be created that will show set to events that is happening when a report is called from the form?

Appreciate it

Thanks
            Munish
            • 3. Re: forms 6i call reports
              HamidHelal
              Munish wrote:
              Hi,
              Nope that didnt do the trick.

I am thinking client must be running some software or something that is blocking the forms to call reports.
              Is there a trace that can be created that will show set to events that is happening when a report is called from the form?
              Hi Munish
              This is my last one suggestion.
              copy the reports directory location. For example
              D:\MARSBD\REPORTS
              go to system registry >>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> SOFTWARE >> ORACLE >> <DEV/REPORT_HOME>
              search for REPORTS60_PATH and add the directory location at the last.

Now try

Hope this works...

Hamid
              • 4. Re: forms 6i call reports
                tony.g
                I think that you have an ancient version of Forms 6i you might benefit from patching up to a much newer level, there's been 18 or 19 major patch updates since your version.

Tony
                • 5. Re: forms 6i call reports
                  Munish
                  Hi,

That did not work either....

Thanks for all your efforts.

Thanks
                  Munish

Edited by: Munish on Feb 1, 2013 12:45 PM