This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2013 12:00 AM by Sanjay Singh RSS

Absence Tracking Setup

user539616 Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Hello all,

We have OTL and Payroll setup at our client's place. I'm trying to implement absence tracking to that client. My question before doing that is regarding the Overtime Elements. If i create absence types based on those elements without creating any accrual plan, will there be any effect in payroll or OTL as they use those elements?

We just want to implement the absence tracking for employees and extract a report to see the absences requested and don't want to effect the payroll elements but still want to use those elements to create absences. Is this OK to do or its better for me to create different set of elements and create absences..

Thanks
--Kumar                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
  • 1. Re: Absence Tracking Setup
    Sanjay Singh Pro
    Hi

If you just want to track the absence then you can create only the absence types in the system, but if you have some accrual rules example employees earned leave of 2 days per month then in that case you will have to define an accrual plan.

Thanks,
    Sanjay
  • 2. Re: Absence Tracking Setup
    user539616 Explorer
    Hi Sanjay,

Thanks for the update. We just want to track the absences just for reporting purposes. We are not going for any accrual plans. I want to know if there would be any effect on the exisitng elements if i create absences using the existing elements as we have OTL and Payroll already running in our company.

Thanks
    --Pavan                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
  • 3. Re: Absence Tracking Setup
    Sanjay Singh Pro
    Hi Pavan,

Correct me if I am wrong, based on my uderstanding If you already have an information element defined in payroll which is used for capturing the no of day/hours absence and accordingly calculating the payout in payroll. and this element before absence implementation is uploaded manually to entries, then you can go-ahead with using the same element for absence type configuration as post absence implementation those elements will be automatically created once the absence is approved and your pay-out logic will continue to be picking the same element for processing.

Please test this scenario to check the entire impact before finalizing the design.

Thanks,
    Sanjay

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points