1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 31, 2013 11:45 AM by fac586 RSS

WANT TO MIGRATE TO HTML CHARTS...

bostonmacosx
      Hi there.
      I'm on APEX 4.1.1 I've made a few successful Flash charts however with the prevalence of "i" devices here at work I'm looking towards moving these to the HTML Chart engine.

I'm not having a lot of success in getting the HTML charts to work. The Flash charts for instance let you choose what type of chart you want to use...there seems to be no wizard or such on the HTML chart side.

If anyone could lead me to examples and tutoirals for these types of chart or explain the basics it would be appreciated.

Thanks
      Robert
        • 1. Re: WANT TO MIGRATE TO HTML CHARTS...
          fac586
          bostonmacosx wrote:
          Hi there.
          I'm on APEX 4.1.1 I've made a few successful Flash charts however with the prevalence of "i" devices here at work I'm looking towards moving these to the HTML Chart engine.
          HTML5 Charts providing full charting capabilities for non-Flash devices are only available from APEX 4.2.
          I'm not having a lot of success in getting the HTML charts to work. The Flash charts for instance let you choose what type of chart you want to use...there seems to be no wizard or such on the HTML chart side.
          "HTML Charts" prior to 4.2 are limited to ultra-basic HTML table-based bar charts, with near-zero options for customisation.

To get real non-Flash charts you'll have to upgrade to 4.2 or source a third party charting plug-in.

Ironically the SVG charts from earlier versions of APEX that were deprecated in APEX 4.0 work perfectly on iOS.