This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 41 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2013 3:31 PM by Kyle.Thomas Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)
    452071 Journeyer
    Currently Being Moderated
    Kyle/Viswa,

Please review the troubleshooting steps from the Oracle Support Document 1077460.1 Troubleshooting Oracle Access Manager and Oracle E-Business Suite AccessGate, it can be found at: https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocumentDisplay?id=1077460.1. OAM uses the datasource too, on the note they point out to various elements to review. Please have a read through the document and let us know if that solves the problem.

In general seems that the problem is related to a miss configuration, case sensitive, etc.

Thanks,

Juan Camilo
  • 16. Re: EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)
    Kyle.Thomas Newbie
    Juan,

We have validated everything except for being able to issue the SQLPLUS command to try to connect our user via APPS_JDBC_URL

FND_WEB_SEC.VALIDATE_LOGIN('ADFUSER','welcome1')
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Y

I have commented out company info and passwords are replaced with welcome1

sqlplus ADFUSER/welcome1@APPS_JDBC_URL=jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=MYHOST)(PORT=MYPORT)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=MYSN)))

The error i get is:

ERROR:
    ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

I have also tried the various ways of using \\ or / instead of the normal \ which often times confuses sqlplus and the datasource within weblogic. Still gives me the same problem. =\
  • 17. Re: EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)
    987410 Newbie
    Juan,

I have followed the troubleshooting steps in the document and the settings looks right.
    I have the same results as Kyle.

FND_WEB_SEC.VALIDATE_LOGIN('ADFUSER','welcome1')
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Y

While trying to connect through SQL*Plus, I am getting invalid username/password error. I believe that is because the ADFUSER is not a database user.

Kyle,

The jar which I generated has the directory structure as mentioned in the document and has a size of 306,641 bytes. I just wanted to see if the jar is missing any classes. What is the size of the fndext.jar you have generated. Please let me know.

Thanks
    Viswa
  • 18. Re: EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)
    Kyle.Thomas Newbie
    Mine is 300KB.

Please jar fx fnext.jar

to see if it has:
    - META-INF
    - oracle
    - schemacom_bea_xml
    - weblogic
    commo.dtd
    ExtAuthOnlyAuthenticator.xml
    ExtAuthenticator.xml
  • 19. Re: EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)
    Sara Woodhull Newbie
    Hi all,

If the rebuild didn't work it generally gives different errors instead of ORA-1017.

Here is another checklist from a colleague in Support [my notes in brackets]:
    1)     EBS FND: Validate* is not set correctly. [previously discussed in this thread]
    2)     If EBS user is used (other than asadmin) correct role has not been assigned [I think you have checked this one]
    3)     EBS role assigned to user but Workflow services are not running therefore the user does not have access [Check: this one gets me whenever I try to update roles assigned to users!]
    4)     DBC file generated has server names incorrectly [go look inside the desktop DBC file--it's a good idea to compare it to the original DBC file as well.  The desktop DBC file should be shorter, but what it has should match what is in the original DBC file]
    5)     EBS profiles and DBC files has server names differently
    6)     Network layer connectivity issues
    7)     WLS server cache needs to be cleared if you have changed the user name associated with the datasource (from MYEBSUSER to ASADMIN, for example)
    8) Host string in the datasource definition is correct including port numbers
    9) If you are using WLS 10.3.6, you need to assign the target server BEFORE testing the datasource connection (switch last two steps of setup).

Hope this helps,

Sara
  • 20. Re: EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)
    Kyle.Thomas Newbie
    Thanks Sara,

I will look into those to double/triple check.

I did create a TEST.java in which it connects using the dbcFile and it returned this error after hitting ads.setDbcFile("my file location");

Exception breakpoint occurred at line 156 of AppsDataSource.java.
    java.lang.RuntimeException: ORA-20001:
    ORA-06512: at "APPS.APP_EXCEPTION", line 72
    ORA-06512: at "APPS.FND_SECURITY_PKG", line 533
    ORA-06512: at line 1

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: ORA-20001:
    ORA-06512: at "APPS.APP_EXCEPTION", line 72
    ORA-06512: at "APPS.FND_SECURITY_PKG", line 533
    ORA-06512: at line 1

at oracle.apps.fnd.security.AppsDataSource.setDbcFile(AppsDataSource.java:156)
         at dstest.Test.init(Test.java:40)
         at dstest.Test.main(Test.java:22)
    Process exited.
  • 21. Re: EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)
    Kyle.Thomas Newbie
    Sara or Juan,

could it possibly be the FND: Desktop Nodes ?

In our environment we have three fully qualified names separated by commas.

FND: Desktop Nodes allowed is set to ACI04435.MYDOMAIN.com,ACI04589.MYDOMAIN.com,LAB-POC-EC1-SRV.MYDOMAIN.com
  • 22. Re: EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)
    987410 Newbie
    Thanks Kyle, the jar which I generated has the same structure and size.
  • 23. Re: EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)
    Sara Woodhull Newbie
    Kyle,

It could be related to any of those profile options. The values you list should match whatever is in the FND_NODES table, including case.

Just to confirm, the EBS and external servers are all in the same domain, correct?

Thanks,

Sara
  • 24. Re: EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)
    Arvin Newbie
    Hi Juan & Sara,

I am facing the same problem.
    I am trying to share the EBS session with an external ADF application, but it seems no luck.

I followed the steps of blew book:

*"Oracle® E-Business Suite Software Development Kit for Java Release 11i and 12 Part No. E28169-02"*

but, unfortunately, I got the same exception with Kyle:

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-20001: Oracle error -20001: ORA-20001: Oracle error -2074: ORA-02074: cannot SET NLS in a distributed transaction
    has been detected in fnd_global.set_nls.set_parameter('NLS_LANGUAGE','AMERICAN').
    has been detected in fnd_global.set_nls.

So, can you give me any suggestions, is it caused by the EBS configuration problem?

Thanks & Regards,
    Arvin

Edited by: Arvin on 2013-1-31 下午7:36
  • 25. Re: EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)
    Kyle.Thomas Newbie
    Sara,

No, they are on different domains.
  • 26. Re: EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)
    Kyle.Thomas Newbie
    Arvin,

You can't use APPS user as your datasource user or any other DB user. You have to use an EBS user.

The reason you're getting that error is because the DB user you've set in the datasource (although it connects fine) cannot access EBS preferences.
  • 27. Re: EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)
    987410 Newbie
    Sara,

We have double-checked all the steps you have mentioned and all settings look good. As per my understanding, the datasource uses the dbc file to connect through the EBS apps user and thats not happening. Hence we get the error invalid username/password etc. I have tried removing the '\' chars in the DBC file and created the datasource but no luck.

Kyle,

I have followed the code in the document E28169_02 and tried getting the session from EBS. The session is NULL and I am able to redirect to the EBS login page. A responsibility with function type ADFX has been created on the EBS side and the URL linking to the page on external node has been created.

Thanks
    Viswa
  • 28. Re: EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)
    Sara Woodhull Newbie
    Kyle,

It's not well documented, but AppsDataSource requires that the external server and the EBS server be on the same domain (and since domain is used in different ways, the one I mean is like your MYDOMAIN in "FND: Desktop Nodes allowed is set to ACI04435.MYDOMAIN.com,ACI04589.MYDOMAIN.com,LAB-POC-EC1-SRV.MYDOMAIN.com"). That's the reason for the steps changing localhost to "myhost.us.oracle.com" in the example on page 10-25 of the PDF doc.

Thanks,

Sara
  • 29. Re: EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)
    Sara Woodhull Newbie
    Hi Arvin (and all of you),

I'm seeing that some of you have mentioned you are doing the XA datasource (messages like "Could not connect to 'oracle.apps.fnd.ext.jdbc.datasource.AppsXADataSource'."). I have seen some issues with those (including the NLS issue). Is there some reason you need an XA datasource? Try creating the datasource as a non-XA datasource instead.

Thanks,

Sara

PS--no, you can't use the APPS schema name/pwd (or any DB schema name/pwd) instead of the FND user name/pwd. That's the main point of using the AppsDataSource: you don't use the APPS username/pwd.

[PPS--update to my comment: actually, the APPS schema name/pwd SHOULD WORK with the datasource, so if it doesn't there is some other issue, but it defeats the purpose of using the AppsDataSource, which is why we don't want you to use it.]

Edited by: Sara Woodhull on Feb 1, 2013 10:48 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points