This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2013 8:26 AM by 987437 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: NoClassDefFoundError when I run a custom doclet from command line
    EJP Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    Blimey. This is incredible. Where on earth did you get newPack.newClass.java from?

Has it occurred you that you need to find a command line that works via the command line, take out the 'javadoc', split it up into array elements, and use that as the argument array?

Has it also occurred to to you that you can either specify file names or class names to Javadoc, but not something that is a mixture of both?
  • 16. Re: NoClassDefFoundError when I run a custom doclet from command line
    987437 Newbie
    Since this thread's gone this far, at least I hope you could help me with the answer instead of writing something and asking me to do. (thanks for the tips anyways! It's just that I need to get it done asap)
    Also, I think it is clear from my previous replies that I did not concatenate it and I used it as separate argument list. But, there is still something wrong which I hope you guys can figure that out. I did try both the class name and the file name but did not work.

This is the argument list I'm using : "-doclet",SimpleDoclet.class.getName(),"-private",NewClass.class.getName()
    Simple Doclet is the doclet present inside smallpack dir and NewClass is the class for which documentation should be created and is present under newPack.

Now, could you tell me if there's anything missing out which I need to add or correct any?
    I think after this if I do not get any answer, we can stop this thread.
  • 17. Re: NoClassDefFoundError when I run a custom doclet from command line
    987437 Newbie
    Thanks!! After a long try, I got it working for a single file...
    com.sun.tools.javadoc.Main.execute(new String[] { "-doclet", "package.DocIt", "-docletpath", "<the path of the doclet>", "-private", "<path>/Example.java"});
    but I need to run it for multiple files!! I tried changing the last argument to *.java but it said file not found!
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points