2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2013 11:41 PM by 439943 RSS

User privileges for Object retrieval in tree

Hi

What privileges etc does an Oracle user account have to have to be able to load Tables, Views etc in the Connections tree?

I have an admin user account which loads all objetcs and a read-only user account which cannot load any.

I would prefer to use the Read-Only account for day-to-day querying etc, but still want it to be able to load objects into the tree.

Cheers
      Bas Groeneveld
      Benchmark Design
        • 1. Re: User privileges for Object retrieval in tree
          rp0428
          >
          What privileges etc does an Oracle user account have to have to be able to load Tables, Views etc in the Connections tree?

I have an admin user account which loads all objetcs and a read-only user account which cannot load any.

I would prefer to use the Read-Only account for day-to-day querying etc, but still want it to be able to load objects into the tree.
          >
          You didn't say what the point was in seeing things that you can't do anything with but try this
          create user read_only_user identified by read_only_user

grant create session to read_only_user

grant select any dictionary to read_only_user
          Then use the 'Other Users' part of the tree to examine objects

That is all you need in 11g.
          • 2. Re: User privileges for Object retrieval in tree
            Thank you.

We had done part of that (grant select any dictionary to read_only_user), but I had forgotten about the 'Other Users' tree node (even though i now recall having used it some years ago)

Thanks
            Bas