6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 19, 2013 10:37 PM by RajendarRaj RSS

unable to create gst elements in web center sites11gR1

RajendarRaj
      Hi,
      I installed webcenter sites11gR1 with weblogic 10.3.6.
      and i integrated with GSF1.3.1 successfully in windows7.

after log in to wcs, when i try to create "new GST attribute" or "new GST element"... empty screen is displayed, in the server log i found following errors.
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Unable to locate element. Either incorrect file permission or no such element. OpenMarket/Xcelerate/AssetType/GSTAttribute/PreUpdate
      ERROR [com.fatwire.logging.cs.xml] - Failed to run template:OpenMarket/Xcelerate/PrologActions/NewContentFront
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      could somebody please help me to resolve these errors.

Thanks
      Rajendar

Edited by: Rajendar Raj on Jan 25, 2013 1:30 AM
        • 1. Re: unable to create gst elements in web center sites11gR1
          Tony Field
          Hello Rajendar -

This would occur if the asset type was not properly installed. When you run the GSF dashboard app, what does it say about the health of the GSF install?

Essentially, it appears that the start menu may have been created, but the actual asset type has not been created - something that should never occur.

Let me know and we'll see if we can sort it out.

Tony
          • 2. Re: unable to create gst elements in web center sites11gR1
            RajendarRaj
            Hi Tony,

Thanks for your reply and support. I would like to explain you the entaire process I did. Please check the process and please give me the solution.

I have installed GST Site Foundation in the JSK (Jump Start Kit). In the JSK, GST installed successfully and working fine. In the JSK I am able to create new GST Asset Types. When I trying to create new GST Attribute (GST Alias,GST Definition,GST Filter, GST Parent, GST PDefinition, GST Property, GST VirtualWebroot) in admin mode it is showing one window with a form with the required fiels. Here all the things are working good.

I have installed Webcenter Sites 11g R1 in the Weblogic Server(Ver 10.3.6) and I have installed GST Site Foundation in the weblogic too. GST installed successfully and is healthy. When I trying to create new GST Attribute (GST Alias,GST Definition,GST Filter, GST Parent, GST PDefinition, GST Property, GST VirtualWebroot) in admin mode it is showing empty window and not showing any form. But in the weblogic server console it is showing some Errors, that are:

2013-02-01 14:48:13,638 ERROR [com.fatwire.logging.cs] - <Unable to locate eleme
            nt. Either incorrect file permission or no such element. OpenMarket/Xcelerate/As
            setType/GSTAttribute/PreUpdate>
            2013-02-01 14:48:13,638 ERROR [com.fatwire.logging.cs.xml] - <Failed to run temp
            late:OpenMarket/Xcelerate/PrologActions/NewContentFront >
            2013-02-01 14:48:13,638 ERROR [com.fatwire.logging.cs] - <Unable to evaluate ele
            ment OpenMarket/Xcelerate/PrologActions/NewContentFront>
            2013-02-01 14:48:13,639 ERROR [com.fatwire.logging.cs.xml] - <Failed to run temp
            late:OpenMarket/Xcelerate/UIFramework/ApplicationPageStandard >
            2013-02-01 14:48:13,639 ERROR [com.fatwire.logging.cs] - <Unable to evaluate ele
            ment OpenMarket/Xcelerate/UIFramework/ApplicationPageStandard>

I have installed GST Site Foundation in the JSK by the below process.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
            (Installed into Windows 7 OS)

Step1: Installed JSK in the C: Drive.
            Step2: Doenloaded GST Site Foundation from the link http://gst-foundation.org/ from this site downloaded Version 1.3.1 (Released 2012-08-03) Complete developer kit (22MB). Saved into disk and un zip the files. I got bellow files.

1.doc (Folder)
            2.gsf (Folder)
            3.samples (Folder)
            4.APACHE2-LICENSE (text file)
            5.gst-foundation-all-1.3.1 (jar)
            6.gst-foundation-all-1.3.1-elements(zip)
            7.gst-foundation-all-1.3.1-sources (jar)
            Step3: I have copied gsf(folder) into the path C:\Oracle\WebCenter\Sites\11gR1\App_Server\apache-tomcat-6.0.32\webapps\cs.

Copied gst-foundation-all-1.3.1 (jar) and gst-foundation-all-1.3.1-sources (jar) into the path C:\Oracle\WebCenter\Sites\11gR1\App_Server\apache-tomcat-6.0.32\webapps\cs\WEB-INF\lib.
            Step4: I set the entry into catalina.bat (located into C:\Oracle\WebCenter\Sites\11gR1\App_Server\apache-tomcat-6.0.32\bin\catalina.bat) as: set CATALINA_OPTS=%CATALINA_OPTS% -Xms384m -Xmx768m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Dnet.sf.ehcache.enableShutdownHook=true -Dcs.useEhcache=true -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote=true -Dcom.fatwire.gst.foundation.env-name=myjsk

Step5: Started the JSK, and opened the catalogmover.bat(C:\Oracle\WebCenter\Sites\11gR1\ContentServer\11.1.1.6.0\catalogmover.bat). In the catalog mover I have connected to the Content server and through the auto import catalog, Imported the gst-foundation-all-1.3.1-elements(zip) and selected a c:\ drive. Closes the CM window. went to Contributor UI and hear I selected gst-foundation-all-1.3.1-elements(zip).

After this process GST installed successfully and is healthy. (all the GST assets are working fine)

I have installed GST Site Foundation in the Weblogic Server (Ver 10.3.6) by the below process.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Step1: Installed Weblogic Server and installed Webcenter Sites 11g R1.(Installed successfully)
            Step2: I did the same process. Only the change is Step4:
            I have added entry (-Dcom.fatwire.gst.foundation.env-name=mysites) in the startWeblogic.cmd as a JAVA_OPTIONS.

Hear also installation got success and GST installed successfully and is healthy in GST Dashboard.

But the probelm is : When I trying to create new GST Attribute (GST Alias,GST Definition,GST Filter, GST Parent, GST PDefinition, GST Property, GST VirtualWebroot) in admin mode it is showing empty window and not showing any form. But in the weblogic server console it is showing some Errors, that are:

2013-02-01 14:48:13,638 ERROR [com.fatwire.logging.cs] - <Unable to locate eleme
            nt. Either incorrect file permission or no such element. OpenMarket/Xcelerate/As
            setType/GSTAttribute/PreUpdate>
            2013-02-01 14:48:13,638 ERROR [com.fatwire.logging.cs.xml] - <Failed to run temp
            late:OpenMarket/Xcelerate/PrologActions/NewContentFront >
            2013-02-01 14:48:13,638 ERROR [com.fatwire.logging.cs] - <Unable to evaluate ele
            ment OpenMarket/Xcelerate/PrologActions/NewContentFront>
            2013-02-01 14:48:13,639 ERROR [com.fatwire.logging.cs.xml] - <Failed to run temp
            late:OpenMarket/Xcelerate/UIFramework/ApplicationPageStandard >
            2013-02-01 14:48:13,639 ERROR [com.fatwire.logging.cs] - <Unable to evaluate ele
            ment OpenMarket/Xcelerate/UIFramework/ApplicationPageStandard>

If I did any mistake please suggest the right process to install GST Site Foundation into weblogic server. Please consider that I am using windows 7 OS.

Thanks And Regards,
            Rajender.
            • 3. Re: unable to create gst elements in web center sites11gR1
              Dolf Dijkstra-Oracle
              Hi,

GSF 1.3 does not work with 11gBP1. There is not a packaged version available that works stable on BP1. The most recent source version works on BP1. Can you download the source and build yourself?

Dolf
              • 4. Re: unable to create gst elements in web center sites11gR1
                RajendarRaj
                Hi Dolf,
                Thanks for your support,
                this is very important in my project, i need to work on it.

could you please explain me clearly Dolf.

Thank you,
                Rajendar

Edited by: Rajendar Raj on Feb 4, 2013 9:43 PM
                • 5. Re: unable to create gst elements in web center sites11gR1
                  Hi Rajendar,

I think what Dolf is trying to say is that GSF v1.3 is not compatible with WC Sites 11gBP1. Are you using 11gBP1, or the regular 11gR1?

If you are using the regular 11gR1, then please use the GSF v11.6.0-RC1 available here: https://github.com/dolfdijkstra/gst-foundation/downloads

GSF v11.6.0-RC1 is the most recent version of GSF.

Thanks,

Somen De | Sr. Consultant
                  Function1, Inc
                  • 6. Re: unable to create gst elements in web center sites11gR1
                    RajendarRaj
                    Hi,
                    Thanks to every one.
                    --
                    Rajendar