6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 6:41 PM by lake RSS

Java classid in formweb.cfg

Sachinmrt
      Hi,

I want to know that what java class id define in formweb.cfg. Basically now we update our application 10g to 11g and i face the one problem. if client machine have jre version 1.6.0_18 then application run. if client machine have another higher java version then starting form open but when i press any button of form then application hang.

My formweb.cfg is :-
      [DEMO]
      baseHTMLJInitiator=webutiljpi.htm
      jpi_classid=clsid:8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93
      jpi_codebase=http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/autodl/jinstall-1_4_2-windows-i586.cab#Version=1,4,2,06
      jpi_mimetype=application/x-java-applet;version=1.4.2
      jpi_download_page=http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.4.2_06/index.html
      webUtilArchive=frmwebutil.jar,jacob.jar
      WebUtilLogging=off
      WebUtilLoggingDetail=normal
      WebUtilErrorMode=Alert
      WebUtilDispatchMonitorInterval=5
      WebUtilTrustInternal=true
      WebUtilMaxTransferSize=16384
      baseHTML=webutilbase.htm
      baseHTMLie=webutilbase.htm
      archive=frmall.jar,jacob.jar,frmwebutil.jar
      lookAndFeel=oracle
      form=d:\NEX_WMS\radical_login.fmx
      envFile=default.env
      debug=no
      host=
      port=
      buffer=1024 
      pageTitle=MIS
      separateFrame=True
      escapeparams=false
      I concluded that this problem due to java version. Please help me and explain me jre version classid.
        • 1. Re: Java classid in formweb.cfg
          HamidHelal
          Sachinmrt wrote:
          Hi,

I want to know that what java class id define in formweb.cfg. Basically now we update our application 10g to 11g and i face the one problem. if client machine have jre version 1.6.0_18 then application run. if client machine have another higher java version then starting form open but when i press any button of form then application hang.
          This is your class id
          jpi_codebase=http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/autodl/jinstall-1_4_2-windows-i586.cab#Version=1,4,2,06
          jpi_mimetype=application/x-java-applet;version=1.4.2
          Here version is specified and fix for 1.4.2
          jpi_download_page=http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.4.2_06/index.html
          Try changing the above line with the following
          jpi_download_page=http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre-6u32-downloads-1594646.html
          jpi_classid=clsid:CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0030-ABCDEFFEDCBA
          jpi_codebase=http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/autodl/jinstal#l-1_6_0-windows-i586.cab#Version=1.6.0_30-b07
          jpi_mimetype=application/x-java-applet
          What is the reflect ?

Hamid
          • 2. Re: Java classid in formweb.cfg
            Sachinmrt
            Thanks hamid for reply.. I change the formweb.cfg as suggest by you but problem is as it is. Application easily run on jre version 1.6.0_18 but not run on 1.6.0_34.
            • 3. Re: Java classid in formweb.cfg
              HamidHelal
              Sachinmrt wrote:
              Thanks hamid for reply.. I change the formweb.cfg as suggest by you but problem is as it is. Application easily run on jre version 1.6.0_18 but not run on 1.6.0_34.
              How many JRE version do you have installed ?
              Remove the JRE then install the version 1.6.0_34

Hope it's work...
              • 4. Re: Java classid in formweb.cfg
                Sachinmrt
                I test my application on two machine. One have 1.6.0.18 and second one have 1.6.0.34.

Dear hamid, I want to know that is it possible that login.fmx open on both system and when i press cancel button which have the following code
                  SET_ALERT_PROPERTY('ALERT_YES_NO',ALERT_MESSAGE_TEXT,'Are you sure you want to Exit ?');
                  IF ((SHOW_ALERT('ALERT_YES_NO')) = ALERT_BUTTON2) THEN
                     RAISE FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE;
                  ELSE
                        EXIT_FORM;
                  END IF; 
                not fire due to jre problem. Actually i am not sure why this problem occur. May be it is due to jre version or anything else.

Edited by: Sachinmrt on Feb 1, 2013 3:16 PM
                • 5. Re: Java classid in formweb.cfg
                  HamidHelal
                  Sachinmrt wrote:
                  I test my application on two machine. One have 1.6.0.18 and second one have 1.6.0.34.

Dear hamid, I want to know that is it possible that login.fmx open on both system and when i press cancel button which have the following code
                  SET_ALERT_PROPERTY('ALERT_YES_NO',ALERT_MESSAGE_TEXT,'Are you sure you want to Exit ?');
                  IF ((SHOW_ALERT('ALERT_YES_NO')) = ALERT_BUTTON2) THEN
                  RAISE FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE;
                  ELSE
                        EXIT_FORM;
                  END IF; 
                  not fire due to jre problem. Actually i am not sure why this problem occur. May be it is due to jre version or anything else.
                  Hi Sachinmrt,

You could turn on forms trace and see where it's hanging:
                  http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24269_01/doc.11120/e24477/tracing.htm

Also, open the Java Console and see if there is a Java Exception being thrown.

And please inform us the following
                  1. What is the client OS version ?
                  2. What is the application Server OS version ?
                  3. What is the form 11g version ?

Thanks
                  • 6. Re: Java classid in formweb.cfg
                    lake
                    The formsweb.cfg depends on what browser they are using. Classid's are only for ie.
                    I think this classid is ok. It says use the most recent version.

But for other browsers you should have:
                    jpi_mimetype=application/x-java-applet

This is saying whatever you have you can use. I do not recommend hard coding any version in there.

You should not be directing them to download 1.4.2.06 that is extremely old. I doubt those download locations
                    exist any more.

The current version of 6 is 6u39.
                    There is a problem though because by default 6u39 will want to update to 7 which does not work.
                    It would be best to direct it to download java from your own website and have that jre not be configured to
                    autoupdate.

I don't know why you have this:
                    baseHTMLJInitiator=webutiljpi.htm

This is what I have in my formsweb.cfg:
                    # System parameter: default base HTML file
                    baseHTML=base.htm
                    # System parameter: base HTML file for use with Sun's Java Plug-In
                    baseHTMLjpi=basejpi.htm

What do you mean by higher java version? There were versions of forms 11 that do not run with the jre 7.
                    If you have the jre 7 installed you need to know that you have a version of forms that is compatible.
                    That compatibility problem with jre 7 was not fixable via the formsweb.cfg. So what version of forms do you have?