This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 3:14 AM by bi_man RSS

classic report issue

bi_man Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,
im facing an issue with classic report. I have a report, its query actually returns 50000 records in the apex report its fetching only 500 records... what could be the issue? at same time i tried that with interactive report its working perfectly.

thanks in advance
  • 1. Re: classic report issue
    fac586 Guru
    bi_man wrote:
    Hi All,
    im facing an issue with classic report. I have a report, its query actually returns 50000 records in the apex report its fetching only 500 records... what could be the issue? at same time i tried that with interactive report its working perfectly.
    This is controlled by the report's Maximum Row Count attribute. When this attribute is not explicitly specified it defaults to 500. See the online help for the attribute and set it to a suitable value for your application. (Note that no one will ever be interested in working their way through 50 000 rows page-by-page, and trying to display 50 000 rows on a single page is definitely not a good idea.)
  • 2. Re: classic report issue
    928468 Explorer
    Paul was faster...

Edited by: sakra on 01.02.2013 02:34
  • 3. Re: classic report issue
    bi_man Newbie
    hi thanks for your quick reply. but i tried it before it didn't worked out. there was no value set for maximum row count but still the issue exist!
  • 4. Re: classic report issue
    fac586 Guru
    bi_man wrote:
    hi thanks for your quick reply. but i tried it before it didn't worked out. there was no value set for maximum row count but still the issue exist!
    When no value is set then the default maximum is 500 rows. You must set a maximum appropriate to the report.

What are the settings for the following report attributes?

<li>Pagination Scheme
    <li>Number of Rows
    <li>Number of Rows (Item)
    <li>Maximum Row Count

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points