6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 5:55 AM by Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle RSS

RosettaNet Ack timeouts

b2buser..
      Hello All,

We have an intermittent issue with our trading partner connection when using RosettaNet in SOA 11.1.1.5. Every so often, we get a timeout error when we post a wire Ack back to the partners. Our TP sends a 3A7/3A4C/3A8C and we post back a wire Ack which times out. Any idea what can cause this? Is there a Ack timeout value that be set in B2B? We did not have this issue in B2B 10g.

<Jan 8, 2013 10:11:59 AM EST> <Notice> <Stdout> <BEA-000000> <<Jan 8, 2013 10:11:59 AM EST> <Error> <oracle.soa.b2b.transport> <BEA-000000> <[IPT_HttpSendHttpResponseError] HTTP response error :{0}.>>
      <Jan 8, 2013 10:11:59 AM EST> <Notice> <Stdout> <BEA-000000> <<Jan 8, 2013 10:11:59 AM EST> <Error> <oracle.soa.b2b.engine> <BEA-000000> <
      Message Transmission Transport Exception
      Transport Error Code is OTA-HTTP-SEND-1006
      StackTrace oracle.tip.b2b.transport.TransportException: [IPT_HttpSendHttpResponseError] HTTP response error :Read timed out.
      at oracle.tip.b2b.transport.TransportException.create(TransportException.java:93)
      at oracle.tip.b2b.transport.basic.HTTPSender.send(HTTPSender.java:531)
      at oracle.tip.b2b.transport.b2b.B2BTransport.send(B2BTransport.java:316)
      at oracle.tip.b2b.transport.TransportInterface.send(TransportInterface.java:1560)
      at oracle.tip.b2b.msgproc.Acknowledgment.outgoingAckPostCollab(Acknowledgment.java:451)
      at oracle.tip.b2b.msgproc.Acknowledgment.asyncOutgoingAck(Acknowledgment.java:349)
      at oracle.tip.b2b.msgproc.Request.handleAck(Request.java:596)
      at oracle.tip.b2b.engine.Engine.processIncomingMessageImpl(Engine.java:2975)
      at oracle.tip.b2b.engine.Engine.processIncomingMessage(Engine.java:1663)
      at oracle.tip.b2b.engine.Engine.incomingContinueProcess(Engine.java:4096)
      at oracle.tip.b2b.engine.Engine.handleMessageEvent(Engine.java:3690)
      at oracle.tip.b2b.engine.Engine.processEvents(Engine.java:3163)
      at oracle.tip.b2b.engine.ThreadWorkExecutor.processEvent(ThreadWorkExecutor.java:619)
      at oracle.tip.b2b.engine.ThreadWorkExecutor.run(ThreadWorkExecutor.java:220)

Thanks in advance,
      Suresh
        • 1. Re: RosettaNet Ack timeouts
          Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle
          Hi Suresh,

Are you using HTTP proxy in front of your B2B to send messages to your partner(s)? If yes, then most probably issue is with your proxy server. Please check with your network team and they may be able to help you out.

Regards,
          Anuj
          • 2. Re: RosettaNet Ack timeouts
            b2buser..
            Thanks Anuj - we have a proxy server. I will check with our network team.
            • 3. Re: RosettaNet Ack timeouts
              b2buser..
              Hi Anuj,

What does the proxy checkbox under Partners -> Channels do in SOA 11.1.1.5? Is there additional processing added for proxy connections?

Thanks,
              Suresh
              • 4. Re: RosettaNet Ack timeouts
                Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle
                Hi Suresh,

When you enable the proxy checkbox then B2B tries to connect to partner URL's over proxy -

B2B ----> HTTP proxy -----> Partner Server

Which means, at network level, your B2B is talking to the proxy and proxy connects to the partner server. If I am not wrong then in your case proxy is experiencing some issue (may be related to firewall) and because of that HTTP read is timing out. Check with the network team of your organization and they should be able to help you out. By any chance, do you use McAfee firewall?

Regards,
                Anuj
                • 5. Re: RosettaNet Ack timeouts
                  b2buser..
                  Hi Anuj,

Checked with our network team. Apparently we do not use a proxy. I have unchecked the "proxy" flag from setup. However, still the same issue. We use F5 firewall. Might be a load issue. Any suggestions on how to handle heavy load over http RosettaNet connection?

Thanks,
                  Suresh
                  • 6. Re: RosettaNet Ack timeouts
                    Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle
                    Hi Suresh,

As per my experience, the problem should be at proxy (out of question as you are not using it) or firewall at your end and ideally your network admins should be able to determine that why and where the connection is timing out.

As far as tuning is concerned, that may only be required when it is really a load issue. I think by default, HTTPS connections timeout after a minute and plain HTTP connections timeout in 30 seconds.

JVM parameter "-Dweblogic.http.client.defaultReadTimeout" is used to tune the read timeout but I do not recommend using it in prod, until and unless recommended by Oracle.

I would suggest you to file a SR with support to get formal help from Oracle on this.

Regards,
                    Anuj