This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 1:33 PM by matthew_morris RSS

Oracle Certification Exam statement clarification

user99472 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
What does this phrase mean? It is found in many questions within the Oracle exams.

"Each correct answer represents a complete solution."

Thanks!
  • 1. Re: Oracle Certification Exam statement clarification
    matthew_morris Expert
    It's hard to say out of context. I've taken a number of Oracle exams and don't recall that phrase. It may be referring to the fact that there is no partial credit -- especially if you saw it on the multiple-answer questions. If the correct choice to a multiple-answer question is A, B, and D, but your answer is A & D, you receive no credit for the answer rather than 2/3 credit.

All questions on oracle exams are either 100% correct or 100% incorrect (which includes not answering at all).
  • 2. Re: Oracle Certification Exam statement clarification
    bigdelboy Pro
    user11988333 wrote:
    What does this phrase mean? It is found in many questions within the Oracle exams.

"Each correct answer represents a complete solution."

Thanks!
    I would take it too mean that an answer that contains a part of the solution to the question, but not the whole solution, would not be taken as correct. So if you had the following question:
    Liam Ray O'Leech has just got his taxi from Mullingar to Dublin to oversee the first flight to Zadar.
    To avoid him becoming profanely upset which order of actions would see his aeroplane
    successfully at the end of he runway ready for takeoff?

1: Embark Crew
    2: Embark Passengers
    3: Embark Luggage
    4: Taxi to runway
    5: Retrack undercarriage

Each correct answer represents a complete solution.

Select Answers:

A: 4
    B: 2,3,4 
    C: 1,2,3,4
    D: 1,3,2,4
    E: 1,5,2,3,4
    Now I would take it above as C or D as being correct solutions ( though in fact Liam might be profanely upset should (2) and (3) not being done in parallel!)

A represents part of a solution, but it does does not represent a complete solution. The statement Each correct answer represents a complete solution. helps me decide I should not select 'A'.

It is also possible it is being used in place of the phrase 'Select one or more possible answers"

In the prometric days the instruction was to pick 'The best possible solution'. Even that instruction could have problems.

+PS: Please observe how I have used an artificial example not related to any oracle certification exam. Posting multiple choice questions unless artificially contrived like this to illustrate a question format, typically leads to problems on over 9 out of 10 occasions (breach of copyright; braindump; too close to an exam question ... etc etc).+

Edited by: bigdelboy on Feb 2, 2013 1:32 AM As Matthew suggested below my original question relating to generically plugging in and starting a computer may have had some relationship to a CompTIA question. ( I of course am 99.9% sure he is joking but I have changed the question just in case and apologise to CompTIA if this was the case ....though my question construction was original).
  • 3. Re: Oracle Certification Exam statement clarification
    matthew_morris Expert
    PS: Please observe how I have used an artificial example not related to any oracle certification exam.
    Hey -- that looks exactly like an A+ certification question! It came right after the one about how to change the toner in an HP Laserjet. I'm telling CompTIA on you!
  • 4. Re: Oracle Certification Exam statement clarification
    bigdelboy Pro
    matthew_morris wrote:
    PS: Please observe how I have used an artificial example not related to any oracle certification exam.
    Hey -- that looks exactly like an A+ certification question! It came right after the one about how to change the toner in an HP Laserjet. I'm telling CompTIA on you!
    I sincerely hope that is not the case .... i was toying about by usually examples of getting dressed and getting the bus or starting a car or going from london to Paris ... via train or boat or aeroplacne . but I wasn't getting the point easily ... AFAIK one could do a rowing boat from london to paris for example ... and walk back.

I hope I haven't crossed there toes ... or the computing for grannies certification or whatever. Perhaps I should have used an aircraft take off ...
  • 5. Re: Oracle Certification Exam statement clarification
    matthew_morris Expert
    ...or the computing for grannies certification...
    No. That one focuses mainly on topics like the fastest way to forward to your entire address list emails received with subjects like "Send this to everyone you know!!!!".

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points